Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrozzz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beerfish said:
So how is it that most cycles take about a month and you managed to get yours finished in 3 days?

and a dead shrimp
Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 108

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
put a dead shrimp in and force the spike

This is a common technique used to start the cycle, and does not cause a cycle to complete in three days, it merely starts the cycle.

Also, I have successfully kept my mandarin for about a year now, and he is feeding all day, every day. Three dead pods will not be enough food for a Mandarin, as they need a constant source of food available to survive.

hydrozzz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a common technique used to start the cycle, and does not cause a cycle to complete in three days, it merely starts the cycle.

Also, I have successfully kept my mandarin for about a year now, and he is feeding all day, every day. Three dead pods will not be enough food for a Mandarin, as they need a constant source of food available to survive.
there are over 1000 live copepods in the tank and in 2 weeks more then double..i dont think he will starve at least 500 are big enough to be seen

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
That's a snack for a mandarin. In that size tank, he will decimate the population in a matter of days. In addition, the tank is likely to spike again, and when it does, the pod population could be wiped out completely.

Trust me. This fish will not survive in this tank unless you are culturing pods and feeding hundreds of them daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: