New addition!! Merten's Carpet Anemone and Purple Base Magnifica...I know the pictures aren't great but I will have clearer ones up soon, just really excited that I got these today so I wanted to share my new babies :)

imag0463.jpg

imag0464.jpg

As some of you may know, after my last picture update, the addition of the mertens carpet, my tank crashed due to the anemone dying for unknown causes and polluting my entire tank. I really wanted to quit after losing 20+ fish that were all over 4" and that I had for over 5 years with a lot of sentimental value attached.

Needless to say, I didn't quit as I am still here and I have been restocking ever since the crash thanks to the great help of Ivan and Maximum Reef Aquatics. I've been restocking with mainly baby fish compared to the fish I lost but I am doing so in hopes of watching them grow into the fish I used to have. So far my stock list has exceeded my old stock list and here it is:

1. Yellow Tang
2. Yellow Belly Hippo Tang
3. Atlantic Blue Tang
4. Purple Tang
5. Sailfin Tang (Red Sea)
6. Kole Tang
7. Mimic Tang
8. Scopas Tang
9. Niger Trigger
10. Bluethroat Trigger Pair
11. Copperband Butterfly
12. Doublebar Rabbitfish
13. Diamond Goby
14. Yellow Coris Wrasse
15. Green Coris Wrasse
16. Cleaner Wrasse
17. Melanurus Wrasse
18. Cleaner Wrasse
19. Algae Blenny
20. Green Mandarin Goby (x2)
21. Yellow Goatfish
22. False Percula (x5; all survivors)
23. Saddleback Clown (x2)

With future fish being:
Regal Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Eibli Angel
Flame Angel
Blonde Naso Tang
Pearly Jawfish
Moorish Idol
And possibly a few more wrasses

(pictures coming soon)(possible 400G upgrade as well)

Last edited:
How are those Niger triggers? Are they calms around clownfish and tangs and wrasses also inverts like crabs snails shrimps?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Reefs

Yeah I haven't seen it be aggressive towards anything. He's very docile and he's not afraid of me like the other fish are when I put my hand in the tank, I can pretty much pet him lol

I will mention though, when I added the green mandarin and the green wrasse he thought they were food and kinda went for them but luckily I scared him. Once the new fish were established in the tank there was no further aggression, as I mentioned, he just thought of them as food at first

Do you qurantine your fish? I'm not sure I've heard mention of a qurantine process or do you just slip it in unprotected and hope for the best lol.

Unfortunately I haven't taken the time to quarantine my fish but I will start to do so in the near future, not worth the risk I've been taking. So pretty much just slip it in and hope for the best so far lol

Looks great! Your MP 60 are pretty high. Did you do that for a reason?
Do they suck air into them when you turn them up at all?
Sent from my ADR6300 using Reefs

No they don't suck in any air at all, I thought they would cuz my MP10 used to but I really can't place them lower or else they create a hole in my sand bed.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Tank looks like its back on track, fish look happy as well. Im not sure if u like them or not but it looks like u have alot of asterina star. 2 harlequin shrimp will take care of them .. But i did see u have another kind of star fish in there also.So u have to weigh out ur opptions But the tank looks good keep it up

Tank looks like its back on track, fish look happy as well. Im not sure if u like them or not but it looks like u have alot of asterina star. 2 harlequin shrimp will take care of them .. But i did see u have another kind of star fish in there also.So u have to weigh out ur opptions But the tank looks good keep it up

Yeah I know, there are a ton of asterinas, a few people brought it to my attention but I have 3 linckias in there that I don't want to get rid of so I don't have the option of getting some harlequin shrimp. On top of that I have 3 triggers that would most likely make them dinner if I added them. So far (knock on wood) I haven't seen them touch anything so they're not an issue. And thanks for the kind words

Last edited:
If anyone was wondering about all the fish I have, here's my fish list as of today:
(Pretty much all the fish are from Maximum Reef Aquatics, Ivan there took care of me after the crash, very thankful! Great place for anyone looking to get any livestock!)

Blonde Naso Tang
Vlamingi Tang
Yellow Tang
Sailfin Tang
Scopas Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow Mimic Tang
Atlantic Blue Tang
Yellow-eye Kole Tang
Hippo Tang
Mata Tang
Doublebar Rabbitfish
Bluethroat Trigger Pair
Niger Trigger
Pinktail Trigger
Cleaner Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Green Coris Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Pearly Jawfish
Copperband Butterfly
Regal Angel
Potter's Angel
Eibli Angel
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
5 False Percula Clownfish
2 Black Saddleback Clownfish
Algae Blenny

...I definitely forgot a few, need to check when I get home.

Looking to get just these other fish and that's it:
Also, if anyone is selling any of the fish down below please let me know.

Blue Pigmy Angel
2 Diamond Gobies
Midas Blenny
Bristletail Filefish
Possibly an Eel

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: