tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just put the order in today, should be in stock by next week, i decided with the 265 gallon marineland, and im combining the two fairly new tanks i have now, which i will put up for sale once the new tank is up and running, the two tanks i have now are a 120 gallon half circle, and 55 gallon (both reef ready). This thread will be a long one because i don't plan on setting up the tank right away because i have to get the room ready as best i can and am going to see if i can plumb everything to the basement, and not only that if i can get under the crawl space where the tank will be and secure the beams underneath, only one problem lol whoever built this house never put any type of access for the crawl space, its completely sealed so i'm going to start by just opening up a small hole and getting a peek to see if it's even going to be possible to get in there at all, that's my first challenge. Also I'm going with the Monterey stand that ususally comes with the DD tanks, they make them for the 265 too which is great news cause i love that stand, it will be all black to match the new tank. Another thing i have to think about is placement of the tank, it is in a sunroom, now there are a line of windows that will be right behind the tank, im thinking of just covering with plywood, or would the sunlight be good??? or too much for my tank to handle? All i know is this will definitely be a project i cant wait to start.

Last edited:

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have the 150 gallon and the larger skimmers will not fit.... The side doors do not come out either being that everything settled.. They will slide back but my tank is against a wall. A custom stand with these tanks is worth the hassle

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
it was hard but i passed up on the matching canopy because like the tank i have now, i never keep the canopy on cause im always messing around in there lol, maybe ill buy it down the road but right now its not needed and the 600 bucks could go for an upgraded skimmer, which i plan on being a super reef octopus.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The reason I'm choosing this stand is because of looks, I'm not worried about putting any skimmer or even sump inside it because if all works out well I'll be plumbing everything to the basement if my crawlspace let's me lol

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i cleared out the area where the tank will be, i just need to bust a hole through the wall and then another through the floor for the drain and return lines, but gonna have to do that tommorow cause the gf is coming over now.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
think im gonna go all 4 hoes for drains, and then just come over the top with a pipe and maybe 4 split locklines, hell, i think it would look better too then a bunch of power heads and what not and i could probably throw a few sea swirls off the same line in there too who knows lol.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
JARRETT those were my idea's exactly, now if i run all 4 holes as drains, i would run 2, 2inch drain lines, 1 for each side, and then bring an 1 1/2 return back up and to the back, but your saying to just use the return with 2 sea swirls only and not run a bar across the back with some y type lock line outputs?? and the vortechs of course, but those will have to come last lol.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i've decided to make all 4 holes drains, (which means the 1 1/2 holes i knocked out the concrete walls i will have to make bigger, Im just gonna blast a 6x6 hole in the wall and fix it later haha. will be picking up the rubbermaid 150 gallon tub for the in basement sump in a few days, really at a stand still till i can get the hole blasted, so ill update from there, on another not, will 2 stock drains even fit in one cornerflo? if not im guessing i have to rig one up.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If it's the same as the marineland DD both holes in the overlow are the same size.

I had the choice of putting the drain in either hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: