tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so its been a few months and i just want to give everyone an update on everything, i finally almost lol am finished with this upgrade, i have the live rock and live sand in the tank, i have the tank and 150 gallon rubbermaid sump filled and as of about 3 hours ago plugged the two reeflo gold hammerheads on to feed my 1.5" seaswirls (had to dial the shut off back more then 1/2 way because it filled the tank up so quick, i ran the pump in sequence, meaning only 1 2" bulkhead in the sump feeding one pump then pumping directly into the next pump, this was recommended by reeflo techs, it is overkill in my opinion even though i made all 4 holes behind the overflow boxes drains, and i hope im not killing the pumps by haveing the valve above more then 1/2 closed, but reeflo says its fine so i'll just have to wait and see. i got the heater on because the temp needs to get a bit higher. the tank was filled already for about a week and i had some koralia's just moving the water around and a big air stone so the water wasnt just sitting there, and as i said earlier today i turned the pumps on and let the water flow completely to the sump and back, i have 2 2" drains draining into to jbj big ass filter socks to catch any debris floating around that i couldnt get or couldnt see. next i have to let it cycle and throw a temp. skimmer and temp lighting on for now. ill post pics soon. thanks for following.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Wow this thread is the biggest tease 5 pages of this and that with no pics post something up let's. See the bare tank some plumbing heck take a pic of your equipment something lol

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
a6898ba9-70a4-06ee.jpg

a6898ba9-70ce-1fff.jpg

a6898ba9-70f7-821f.jpg

The last pic is a little hard to see it is filled and running with 3 separate islands of live rock

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Haha @ timber yeah just got done pumping some iron when I took that pic lol and yes it's three separate islands well I decided all I needed was one hammerhead gold so I unplugged the 2nd one so I'll just hold onto it as a spare. Checked my ammonia today and it's at 1.0

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so i just got off the phone with Brian at OCEAN GALLERY2, one of my fav lfs in nj, and picked up 3 REEF BRITE HYBRID MH/LED COMBO PENDANTS, 3 400W DIGITAL REEFBRITE BALLASTS, AND 3 REEF BRITE HANGING KITS, saved a pretty penny since they are running a sale this weekend only on them. Cant wait to get them!

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
thanks jr cant wait to pick them up and start to hang these badboys from the ceiling, hoping it goes smooth! today bought some blk, spline, blk pond screen, and the rest of the stuff i need to make 3 separate screen covers(1 for each bay of the tank). then i just have to wait for it to cycle a couple more weeks and ill start transfering the fish from my other two tank that i will make the cut for this tank and sell off the ones i dont want for the new tank.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok so yesterday I picked up ten chromis and today I installed the pendant trolley system on the ceiling above the tank and installed the 3 400w ReefBrite hybrid mh/led pendants and took a quick pic I can't believe how blue these tiny LEDs are ! check out the pic took it with just the LEDs on since it was dark out.
ad4656b1-aa56-2fe8.jpg

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yes I'm glad I chose them I bought them with the ReefBrite twinarc mh bulbs when the mh's turn on they are 10k for the first 3 hrs and then they turn off and the 20k kicks in the last 3 hrs all while the LEDs are on for about 9 hrs still got to hook them up to my RKE-net but you guys get the picture

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
no they are pretty new, made by REEF BRITE they are REEF BRITE M/H'S with REEFBRITE LEDS on the fronts and backs of the fixtures, the bulbs are 400w REEF BRITE TWINARC bulbs, when they first kick on they are lit at 10k for a few hrs, when they cycle off and right back on again the 20k kick on! awesome fixtures so far so great!

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
OK so the ten chromis have been in the tank for a week already and they are all accounted for and eating great, so are the hermits and the pencil urchins. So this morning im transferring my blue hippo, and my vlamingi, and maybe a couple more tangs if i can catch them all today, i already caught the hippo and vlamingi, im transferring them two at a time in a 5 gallon bucket, i didn't want to catch them all and throw them in the 5 gallon bucket i think that will stress them out even more. ill update as the day goes on. I have a foxface, a yellow tang, and a blonde naso left for the tangs, and ill probably try to catch them in that order too. then i have a marine beta, a bicolor angel, a randalls goby, and a pistol shrimp, and then my blue carpet anenome. i have 3 ocellaris that i will put in the tank too but not sure when, only because im thinking of trying to score a pair of skunk clowns to pair up with the blue carpet. right now paired with the nem is a black saddleback clown that im not to fond of and will probably not transfer in the tank and sell or trade when im ready to.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: