tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i know that they are the same size, im wondering if both putting both stock drains in one corner flo box will fit lol, i guess im gonna have to just pop them out of the bag and see for myself and stop being lazy lol

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
haha im working on drilling the holes and blasting through the concrete wall, after that im still deciding on the sump buddy, im looking at the big commercial rubbermaid sumps too, they got a bulkhead in it already, but im working on it slowly, i need to redo the holes i made in the concrete because i only made them big enough for 1 1/2" pipe, but now that im gonna make all 4 holes in the tank drains, i need to make the holes in the concrete for 2" pipe now. did you ever get a skimmer for your tank yet?

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
tlpmyd said:
haha im working on drilling the holes and blasting through the concrete wall, after that im still deciding on the sump buddy, im looking at the big commercial rubbermaid sumps too, they got a bulkhead in it already, but im working on it slowly, i need to redo the holes i made in the concrete because i only made them big enough for 1 1/2" pipe, but now that im gonna make all 4 holes in the tank drains, i need to make the holes in the concrete for 2" pipe now. did you ever get a skimmer for your tank yet?

If you go with the rubbermade don't use the bulkhead that comes with it. It leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i wish trust me lol i have alot going on in my life, plus im having a battle with marineland and the distributor who delivered the pieces about some issues with the brand new tank and stand (long story), so im not touching them until those issues are resolved. So all i can do now is start the plumbing from upstairs to downstairs, I did however pick up a 150 gallon brand new commercial rubbermaid tub that will be my sump that i put in my basement. I'm going to drill some holes and bulkheads. As i said before this is going to be a long build because of time . Im also about to buy some a pair of brand new ecotech MP40EWS's with the battery back up and a pair of 1" seaswirls and then next i will be purchasing the lights and skimmer, lights will be 3 reefbright 250w MH with leds. and most likely a superreef octopus internal, i was going to go with an external but i call reef octopus and they told me they would recommend and internal to eliminate the extra feed pump. they also told me to go with there hybrid 1/2 cone skimmer.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
how the hell did this thread become 4 pages already and i havent done anything yet lol anyway i was stuck in a situation for a few weeks, let me fill you guys in, when my tank arrived i noticed a tiny chip in the middle of the left front corner, not very noticible but what scared me was the fact that it was right on the seam and who knows what would happen structually down the road when its filled with water,LR, and sand, and all the water movement so i called my LFS, GREAT FAMILY OWNED pet shop in Hackensack, NJ called KAZIMIRS pet shop, and they came over within the hour to check the damage out, they callled the vendors and there was a little confusion as to who was resposible for the warranty, since marineland was called and they said any chip on the outside of the tank would not be warrantied and if the tank was going to be used the lifetime warranty would be voided because of the chip and the area which it was in, so this really scared me and i didnt want to be stuck with a tank, a fancy monterey stand that i bought only to have the lifetime warranty but now lost because of the chip lol anyway KAZIMIRS worked with the distributor to come to the house pick it up and drop off a new one free of charge and thats one of the main reasons why i still say the old time fish and petstore will never loose business from places like petsmart or petco because of the reliable one on one customer service! thumbs up! to Kazimirs for getting me back on track, now this weekend i plan on doing a little jack hammering, and right angle drilling, etc. etc, hopefully i can start this build and have it up before it gets cold out!

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
got the jackhammer and the hole bustin has begun! In the middle of it now and im surprised the hole is coming out so clean, its a 12" high be 3" wide hole so i can fit 2 2" pvc pipes which will be the drains, 1 1inch and a half pipe for the return, and a little wiggle room for a few wires.

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
actually im dragging ass lol im only working on it like an hour a week so far, but to update i have most of my plumbing done except for the connections under the overflow boxes, the hook up for the return pumps (2 brand new hammerhead gold reeflo's) and im still waiting on the 2 inch and a half seaswirls that i purchased to arrive. I wanted to go bare bottom but not sure its a good idea because of the wrasses that i want need a sandbed, and my blue carpet nem. Also what slowed me down was 2 major downfalls i had a month apart, which was my pump for the chiller kept seizing, and i didnt know till the water temps got up to 90 degrees, loosing a couple fish, and alot of coral, and 2 of my prize scolys that were the size of a baseball and softball, my tank is just getting back to normal now with all the water changes i had to do to get it back on track, im really hoping to have the big tank running before the new year and my other two tanks for sale and sold soon after.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: