nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
It's that time again, the time when i change tanks. This time it's going to be a 18 x 18 x 18 cube. Really a sweet tank from Mr. Aqua. Will have 40lbs of Pink Samoa sand and about 40lbs of live rock.

Lighting will be a 250watt Reef Optix Pendant with an Ushio 14k DE on an Iceap ballast.

Not sure about much else at this point, aside from wanting a very clean looking set up.

The tank has no rim, so would placing it on a piece of ply wood be okay or should i put it on a piece of insulation foam?

Pics and more pics to follow.

-Kris

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Dude, is it a Marineland? I think I have the same exact cube :tongue1:

It's that time again, the time when i change tanks. This time it's going to be a 18 x 18 x 18 cube. Really a sweet tank from Mr. Aqua. Will have 40lbs of Pink Samoa sand and about 40lbs of live rock.

Lighting will be a 250watt Reef Optix Pendant with an Ushio 14k DE on an Iceap ballast.

Not sure about much else at this point, aside from wanting a very clean looking set up.

The tank has no rim, so would placing it on a piece of ply wood be okay or should i put it on a piece of insulation foam?

Pics and more pics to follow.

-Kris

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
piece of insulation foam to be safe... can't hurt right?
dude, i took down my tank and have all this stuff lying around... call me before you buy anything.

did you get the tank already? the Mr. Aqua tanks are just regular glass, btw - a really greenish tint compared to the pictures online.

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
piece of insulation foam to be safe... can't hurt right?
dude, i took down my tank and have all this stuff lying around... call me before you buy anything.

did you get the tank already? the Mr. Aqua tanks are just regular glass, btw - a really greenish tint compared to the pictures online.

Mine is not any greener then my 40 gallon breeder. I love my 25 gallon cube, its great for 108 bucks shipped. The only complaint i have is that I wish the glass was a bit thicker.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
It is rimless ;)

Drew, :lol2: It's Mr. Aqua brand.

I'll try to get some pictures up tonight.

Cant' decide whether to drill or not. I think I might end up going sumpless.

Stand is going to be a 2x4 stand (not heavy duty like my 40g stand either).

To drill or not to drill?

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Marineland?:eek:

It is rimless ;)

Drew, :lol2: It's Mr. Aqua brand.

I'll try to get some pictures up tonight.

Cant' decide whether to drill or not. I think I might end up going sumpless.

Stand is going to be a 2x4 stand (not heavy duty like my 40g stand either).

To drill or not to drill?

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Sounds like a nice little cube you have going there.

I'd definitely drill it though. With a smaller footprint you're going to want the extra space. Plus, with a rimless you don't want equipment hanging off it. ;) (In my not so humble opinion:lol2:)

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Drew, :lol2: It is in fact a Marineland cube. It seems to have changed brands overnight.

Noel :lol2: Let's just say I had a turtle accident =X

E, hopefully it turns out as nice as it sounds. I'm thinking of running it just how I ran my 40g breeder, with no equipment other than powerheads and a heater in the tank.

I'm still debating though

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
So I've decided against drilling. Here's an update shot after some hard work by me, my finacee and dad to show you guys where I am. Stand will be completed and painted and so will the light pole/stand/conduit pipe thing.

Sand came in and its Samoa Pink #0

More pics to come.

Attachments

• StandTank.jpg
    StandTank.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 246

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: