motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
well its been a long a tough road, i feel like a soap opera latly, so for some of you that dont know, i had an awsome 220g(350g total water volume system) that i put alot of blood sweat and tears into.. but bc of a few things(devorce, and loosing my business) thast happend at the same time i had to sell alot of things. but the good thing is that most of my stuff we will all see again very soon bc GEORGE has bought most of it and i will be bringing it to him very soon. so now that im settled into my new place and have taken a really good job as a lead tech for chrysle/jeep, Im back..

I just built a nice simple stand i used 2x4s made it total of 40in tall simple trim and stained a dark cherry. i have just put the last coat of urithane on it a little while ago. i will be putting a 40g breeder on it. I picked up a freebee 55g tank and have sectioned it off for my sump/fuge.
i will be running my ASM HTC 250 skimmer. and will just have a small carbon reactor off the side.

I will be using my RKL to control everything, and i will be ding 2 part dosing from brightwell on this setup instead of the reactor i ran in the big one. i will be running a 6 bulb T5 light a medium level sandbed (abt 2-3in)
but in the sump will be abt 4 1/2in. there will be a total of abt 2600gph flow thru the tank( abt 600g from the return and various hydors for now)
the tank is drilled for a 1" drain and a 3/4 return.

So heres the plan for this tank, i will be using the LR from my old system and will make a nice open layout with lots of caves and crevices, i plan on doing alot of zoas(bright and as colorful as i can find, and im sure you guys will have everything i need right here!!)LPS, of all different types, and some mushrooms.. i want this to be a nice soothing waving tank.. so as the wavemaker changes paters the corals will flow in the waves.

As far as livestock, i have my picasso clowns still, i have a ton of snails that will be transfered ans dome surviving crabs. for the rest of the fish im thinking small non agressive colorfull stuff.. so we will see as it goes.

SO as always im open for ideas, and i will be posting pics tomorow. i will be looking for frags soon to start seeding this tank bc i hate looking at bare rock( and please dong give me pages of cycling ideas! lol the LR and sand are all coming strait from an existing established tank.. even 1/4 of the water, so i dont expect any cycle(maybe a very small one if any) but i will bc testing just incase.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i cant wait to take the ride just to see the tank set up, last time i was there it had the garden hose in it still! lol.. but man ill tell you today playing with all this crap again was definitly something ive been missing!!! and of course all my friends on here..

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
welcome back Mike!!!! You know what I got so anything you want let me know... plenty of monti frags.. I know your not doing sps but I do have them and some others... I have a few softies we can frag if you want them...

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Welcome bacck!!!

If you need chaeto that you gave me nearly a year ago, I'll be glad to give you back :)

believe it or not, but the chaeto i had in my fuge sat in the dark for 5weeks, no heater, no light.. grew enough to fill a 5gal pail and full of pods... go figure.. i couldnt get that kind of growth if i tried..lol

Andy, we will talk i def may make an exception for a few sps from you..

everyone else thanks and its good to be back..

the clowns in my avitar arent mine, mine are close.. but those are called snowcassos...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: