ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have a ASM G3 coming my way and I need to find a place to refill my CO2 tank.

So does anyone have any place they recommend in Brooklyn? I don't want to swap my 5 lbs tank, as its pretty shiny and new :D

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
hermangareis said:
Why would you want a shiny new tank anyway. Trade it in for a CLASSIC!!!:D

naa... I already have too much classic stuffs that I am storing in a wooden cage. I would have to find a box to cover it if I exchange it.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
spykes said:
damn, asm g3? you should've gotten the skimmer you showed me, that thing was awsome. if you've gottent hat one would've been a ASMG4 and a oceanrunner 2700 that comes with it.

I'm making a skimmer in the future with 8" tube, so I am just going to get a temporary one that have some good resell valve when I have the diy skimmer up and running. I don't have a clue on what type of material was used to build it, maybe its those cheapo extrude tube not the cell cast one. :D

Here is the link for other to look at http://cgi.ebay.com/OCTOPUS-NW-200-NEEDLE-WHEEL-Protein-Skimmer_W0QQitemZ7738879200QQcategoryZ46313QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Octopus NW-200
For In-Sump use only
Recommended for tanks up to 320 gallons.
Dimmensions:
approx. 24"High
Reactor Diameter approx. 7.5"
Needle Wheel Pump included (approx. 790 gph)

I have not heard of anyone using this skimmer, so I wasn't willing to risk it..

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
spykes said:
dood i've heard of it, and i can tell you it's good.

:bigeyes2: :irked: Why did you fail to mention that when I PM you. You said it look good, which I thought you meant from looking at the picture it could possibly be a good skimmer..

Shh... But I think I might still be able to get that and sell this ASM G3 that I don't even have yet...hhaha..

You got any links, sites that have people using one? I need more info on that.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
it's a octopus line put out by the people who make the aquamedic pump called oceanrunner. according to herman, the aquamedic oceanrunners are manufactured in china, so these are just the relabel versions of that pump. The octopus is on customaquatics as well.
http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/itemdetail.asp?itemid=PS-CVOCT-NW-200
PS-CVOCT-NW-200 also 189.99

i think marine depot and premium aquatics are starting the carry them, they are a fairly new skimmer. if that skimmer has a difuser cup then it would rock.

you ASM G3 is a 6" tube, this is almost a 8inch tube, same height and the neck is 2" that skimmer IMO with a gate valve one of the better new skimmer on the market.

Last edited:

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Some updates, I found a small little hairy crab and a weird looking starfish.

This starfish some called the Asterina starfish whcih some are reef-safe and some are not. I can't tell which one is good and which one is bad. I read somewhere that the white one is suppose to be good and the brown/red one is bad..

Here is a shot that I took yesterday.
Normally what the naked eye see:
aasf.jpg

Here is it in my camera:
starfish.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: