Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Tom, great looking tank. it was nice to meet you at Joe's. hope those frags made it home alright. i still can't believe you took the train. lol

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
DRZL said:
Dear Tom,

YOU DA' MAN!!

Sincerely,
Andres :D

LOL.. Wish I were. I would have build myself a arylic sump:banghead: Next project hopefully.

Nsr250NYC said:
Tom, great looking tank. it was nice to meet you at Joe's. hope those frags made it home alright. i still can't believe you took the train. lol

You know us reefer. We would go the extra lenght to get or see others tank :D

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Tony, I took a picture of the tool that I used to cut the glass

dsc42549ak.jpg

dsc42496qr.jpg

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
it's a glass cutter, not like the one they sell at HD that i'm used to seeing, but still the same concept.nice that you got good enough cuts to work with when you used it, i couldn't get the hang of it if my life depended on it (just got the pieces cut at a glass shop).

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I took some pic of the skimmer that I am got for this tank. It the Octopus NW-200 by coralvue.

The Cup with an octopus graffiti
octnw20036hi.jpg

The body that have an cross arylic to maybe prevent the bubble to circle all the way up..
octnw20029uf.jpg

And Here is the whole thing piece together
octnw20045gl.jpg

As you can see this is not such a small skimmer. It measure 23" tall x 7.8" diameter.

Too bad I don't have the pump yet to test out the skimmer. Hopefully this Monday I could get my pump from them.

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
i ahte the cross thing, they didnt seem to have it in there, but i guess it serves it's purpose.
recirculate this thing, use a gate valve, use your overflow to feed this beast. LMK if you need help
change the cover to a black top i hate the octopus LOL.
remove that sticker put a MR sticker over it.
make a difuser cup

Last edited:

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
that some heavy modding.. I can't do that on my own, lol..

who else would i look for help from, but the skimmer mod master :D

I don't have any more MR Sticker :(

Yeah, I agree. This would be a much better skimmer with the mods on. I already have the plumping setup all ready for a recirculating skimmer ;) I got the gate valve here all ready and just waiting for the skimmer.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I got the pump today and got the sump up and running!!!!!

I am soo happy this is finally finally done. This thing took the longest...

Here is the pump that they send me for my skimmer. Pretty big and not as quite as the Sedra 5000. Also it is using 65 watt!
skimmerpump9nu.jpg

I going to run this pump for a week and change to the the sedra 5000 and compare the two pump.

And here is it running in my clean and shiny 30g sump.
30gsump0oe.jpg

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
How much is that skimmer with the pump? Look like a ER knock off. How is the acrylic\plastic quality?

One thing you might want to consider is to enlarge the vent holes on the lid. That thing will pop off if the pump can pull some serious air.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
cali_reef said:
How much is that skimmer with the pump? Look like a ER knock off. How is the acrylic\plastic quality?

One thing you might want to consider is to enlarge the vent holes on the lid. That thing will pop off if the pump can pull some serious air.

The build quality is not the best as I could see some glue on some joint in the neck and body. This skimmer with pump is $190 so I was thinking it was worth a try. I could always pop the sedra 5000 and make it into a ASM G4 :D Hoping to do some mod on this skimmer in the future. Recirculating and two pump driving it.

As far as the acrylic\plastic quality i'm not sure. As I not that familiar with arcylic yet.

There is two hole on the top of the cap lid and i think the cap lid is pretty heavy, so let home it doesn't pop open ;)

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I also think i know why my pH is so low. I test the magenisum in my tank and it is at 1170:eek: :eek: :headache:

I'm using Tropic Marin Pro and I think it is low in mag in the first place. I a second opinion on this on the test and see what I could do to get this to the proper level.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Tom that isn't that low of a Mg reading. Just bring it up slowly.

Mg is so key to the buffering ability of our tanks, and is one of the most overlooked elements but most reefers.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
just had time to test the parameters of my water today

pH still read 7.7-7.8 during the light-on
nitrate = 0
phoshate = 0
mag = 1380 ( i dosed 10ml of b-ionic mag to tank for two day) was 1170 before
cal = 400
5 dkh

I guess my parameter is a little skrew.. need to fix up the alkalinity and pH.

Could I dose baking soda to raise the alk level to the desire level?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
i guess i have to post some pics to get some more answer around here :D

OK, I concur...

First up is a A. Sarmentosa
sarmentosa4el.jpg

Next up is a unkown frag and a cali tort
fragcalitort1jd.jpg

Last, is a pink with purple zoa.
purplezoo3ag.jpg

Well, I have added about 1 tsp of baking soda to my tank hoping that it will raise my alk a little higher to my desire level.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: