Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Truthfully, I bought it off someone as a package deal. The guy couldn't afford to set it up and I got a steal!

It's from someone on rc I believe. I could probably find out. Extremely well made. Thing doesn't make any micro bubbles. Just an overall nice design except for the return chamber IMO. But we fixed that by drilling it and running the return external.

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
It does look like it was made for a extenral pump anyway and you can always use the last chamber for your dosing lines or water that comes out of the reactors. But yeah, it does look nice and well tought out. If you can get me the name of the guy/company who builds them it would be awesome.
Btw. My last two tanks have been from GlassCages and from reading your post, it doesn't seem like you're to happy with their work. I think they make a good product (made in the USA), at a good price. Both times I've found them very easy to work with and the ladys in customer servive are extremly nice.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
photo-1.jpg

just a quick scape. didnt drill or customize anything yet. just literally put them in.... the rocks are huge and i want to center them to the left more. thats actually only 4 rocks. Hard to tell by the crappy photo but it is full of caves. the rock is really really nice.. besides all the GHA. lolol

i put the rocks back in the water but they will be outside of the water once i get the water running from the top. little more work to go.!

hopefully ill get my water running to the peak tonight. Skimmer up this weekend.

---

Also Added a filter sock and hopefully the water will clear up by tonight! Im off sunday and monday so a lot of work will be done..

some info on the current livestock:

tank has: 3+ large starfish, 10+ nas, 5+ hermits, some random snails. All moving and eating. see what happens. all from original owner. didnt think they would make it this far but they have. They were in there original water for the past 3 weeks. i added it to the tank and added another 15 gallons of fresh water.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Picked up my new LEDS and mounted my tv on the wall [thanks adam].

Went with the Solaris I5 unit. Got a great deal and figured i would try them out even though they are out of business.

24" model, It's giving me pretty good coverage and the controls are awesome. Mounted them 12" above the tank.

Leds set at 100% blue 80% white, some dark spots but was to be expected with a 24" light. Ill be adding some supplemental Cree strips.

2-1.jpg

Last edited:

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Picked up my new LEDS. Went with the Solaris I5 unit. Got a great deal and figured i would try them out.

24" model, It's giving me pretty good coverage. Still have to fool around with the height but for now its mounted 12" above the tank.

Leds set at 100% blue 60% white, some dark spots but was to be expected with a 24" light. Ill be adding a par 38 to each side or possibly some Cree strips.

photo-4.jpg

Ah wow what an awesome fixture! Great pick up man!

SSV3NOM

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank man.

Can't wait to see it filled with coral & fish!

*Think you're better off with building a DIY Cree LED strip... rather than those par 38 screw ins..

I've built a retrofit fixture.. and it was quite easy.

Building a strip (similar to that of chinatown - check out his 57g rimless thread) will be a piece of cake.. and you'll get MUCH better coverage.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Two updated LED photos [24" Solaris I5]

Still waiting to pick up more rock to finish the scape. not sure what i am doing at this point but waiting. this just looks nice for the time being.
Painted the white eggcrate

photo-6.jpg
photo-7.jpg
photo1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
After testing and much thinking i am not going to have rock coming out of the tank. im currently having over a gallon a day in evaporation and adding a waterfall will multiply that by 2 and also create unwanted noise in my room. I have it where it is completely silent and thats how it needs to be lol.

Heres a picture of the new Scape. Took me a few days but im really happy with it.

All of my cuc is doing great and the green algae seems to be diminishing slowly.

all levels in check! too bad all the local fish stores are lacking any good livestock or i would have definitely purchased a fish.

IMG_0780.jpg

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Some updates:

New Fish:
2 ORA Masked Gobies
1 ORA Tiger Goby
2 Tank Raised Occ. Clowns [Thanks PicoD!]
1 2" RBTA - looks kinda rough lol
1 Green Sinularia Frag [Thanks PicoD!]
1 Frag Of random Trumpet, Palys, And Xenia [Thanks PicoD!]
GSP [which i placed on the rear wall.
1 Fire and ice Frag [Thanks PicoD!]
CUC - bunch of stuff..

Tanks looking Great and loving it. Got my fuge Going and fish are really starting to get comfortable. Corals were not doing well so i had to raise the light and lower the white intensities too 40% because it seemed to really be burning my corals and nem.

Some Pictures and a video of my clown riding the roller coaster from my flow. he does it all day long lmao.

still hard to capture pictures of the fish since they are like lightning.
Still battling the hair algae and turf algae. the cuc seems to be slowly mowing it down.

IPHONE 4 Pictures

FTS
tank-2.jpg

Close Ups:

RBTA
IMG_0792.jpg

Green Sinularia
1234.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: