Rating - 100%
87   0   0
122344.jpg

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
how do you get the water so crystal clear. ive never seen water like that before. even with mine i was using ozone and everything and i thought the water looked amazing. now i see yours and it looks like air!

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Yea the system is very clear, I think the large turnover rate i have going on is definitely contributing. The circulation really sends all the particles straight to the overflow and sends it down to the sock!!

I run a very fine filter sock in the first chamber of the sump which does a great job of keeping the system clear of particles - but I honestly dont even like using them because i feel they block excess food's access to the fuge and it also increases my daily maintenance. [clean sock every two days even though i know i don't need too]

The sump is also well made. So It keeps the system free of micro bubbles.

----
I still haven't added my skimmer or a carbon reactor
-----
I'll add some photos tomorrow of all the new frags!

Last edited:

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
whats the tanks turnover rate?
Yea the system is very clear, I think the large turnover rate i have going on is definitely contributing. The circulation really sends all the particles straight to the overflow and sends it down to the sock!!

I run a very fine filter sock in the first chamber of the sump which does a great job of keeping the system clear of particles - but I honestly dont even like using them because i feel they block excess food's access to the fuge and it also increases my daily maintenance. [clean sock every two days even though i know i don't need too]

The sump is also well made. So It keeps the system free of micro bubbles.

----
I still haven't added my skimmer or a carbon reactor
-----
I'll add some photos tomorrow of all the new frags!

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
corals.jpg

some pics of corals and some new additions that were added today/yesterday

Green Duncan [3 heads, 2 on back of large]
Purpleish Torch with green tips [1 head]
RBTA [ sm 2inch]
Green Tip Branching Frogspawn [2 heads]
Green Sinularia

Ricordia [not pictured]
Red Cap [not pictured]
Neon Green Hammer [not pictured]

Fire And Ice Zoas [not pictured]
Eagle eye Zoas [not pictured]
Tequila Sunrise Zoas [not pictured]
Pink Zoas [not pictured]

More pictures to follow once the corals start coming around.
Changed up the scape a little to make some more sand room for ricordias, a clam, plate, scoly

Thanks [PicoD,Richie, & Richard]

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful set up. I am loving the shallow tank. Mine is in the process of going up as of right now. The tank needs more pieces in there ;) lol. I am also liking the LEDs you have on the system. Keep the pics coming ;)

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
tank-3.jpg

Heres a picture i took today, i dont know why but the iphones sensor is like either WINDEX blue like my sig or faded out white so i did a bs iphone "hdr". truthfully have to get a real camera to take new photos. obviously some of the colors are off lol and incorrect lol.. ill take some pics of the corals and update my thread throughout the week..

i added about 10-15 frags in the past week and really filling in nicely.

bunch of dif sps, and a ####load of 1-10polyp frags ill have to add in various spots.

really difficult to take nice photos. Ramped the lighting up from the 100%blue 35% white to 100/80

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
update.jpg

Definitely not a great photo but i just wanted to show how nicely its filling in. A lot of new additions.

Photos don't do any justice.

Ill be moving within the next three months so the tanks going to be taken down as crazy as that sounds. Probably going to get a new tank made for the new place. Probably a 36X24x12 and center overflow so i can have a nice walk around tank..

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Figured i would give an update on the system.

All fish in the tank were QT'ed except for my newest addition.... A mandarin.... and now 3 or so weeks later i have ICK everywhere. What a disaster, i really should have known better but live and learn again i guess..lol...

next step...QT the following..

Fish: 2 baby clowns, Midas Blenny, 2 Masked gobies,Tiger Goby, AND the Mandarin...

With the amount of rock in my tank you can only immagine how hard this was...

Some people believe that ICK comes an goes and its definitely true for some but i dont think that way and DO NOT want it in my system or any fish dying.

Some people suggested UV,Frequent water changes,Garlic soaked food [which i already do] and some people said just let it run its course.

I even was told to try kick ick and i did...wasted 35$ on it from a LFS [dosed for a heavy infestation, i caught the ick the first day it was visable in its earliest stage]

I had a QT setup laying around 20gal L, Hang on filter, Heater, etc so i set up a qt tank and phoned a good local friend Danielle! AKA! picoD.....THX AGAIN!

After a full morning of destroying my tank we caught all but one fish. We couldn't catch my damn tiger goby.

We used a piece of acrylic to partition off the tank and caught a few of the fish that way...then drained some water and then literally used a 1" diameter tube and sucked each one of masked gobies from crevices lol..

I know where the tiger gobie lives.. I'm not sure how im going to get him out. I have a trap set right in front of his home [its a hole inside one of my rocks that must go pretty deep] i tried to syphon him out but didn't have any luck.

I removed a bunch of rock and rescaped...im really happy with the result...

and of course the new coral additions

Green Slimer
Orange Digi
Gorgonian
Neon Candy Canes
Neon Green and Purple Hammer
Green Nepthia
Could of different Zoas..

Mangroves..

Some Frag-Mags for some Caps and other random stuff. A lot of stuff in the works!

The scape isn't 100% done yet but its going in the right direction...coral placement is just for the time being and the photo is during sunset and really dim, The tank is a mess and really felt i should keep my hands out of the tank for the next few days. Enough stress on me and the corals as it is lol... you can also see the bottle trap in the front left side. nothing is really open or happy so ill add a nice photo to supersede this one tomorrow. Didn't want to update without a photo lol..

My iphone 4 took a bath so now im using a 3gs so the quality is crappy...I will be getting a new camera within the month and cannot wait to get some really nice shots to show how nice this tank really is.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: