pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Wow, wow, wow. Is all I can say about Mr.Banks 180wide. Strating with the equipment and ending with his livestock, this system is top-notch all around. This is definitely a tank with "TOTM" potential.

Jonathan, thanks again for the warm welcome and good hospitality to your beautiful home. See you soon.

Last edited:

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Wow, wow, wow. Is all I can say about Mr.Banks 180wide. Strating with the equipment and ending with his livestock, this system is top-notch all around. This is definitely a tank with "TOTM" potential.

Jonathan, thanks again for the warm welcome and good hospitality to your beautiful home. See you soon.

+1 on that.

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picture updates...
IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

New addition from Live Aquaria....PBT

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Beautiful tank Jonathan!

It's so nice to see a tank that was allowed to grow out to reach it's full potential as shown by your time dated pics and not have the corals fragged for sales when they reached 2 inches in size.

Best of luck with it in the future and as always, we look forward to more pics.

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks Kathy :) This is my second tank and I wanted to grow everything from frags.. As we all know, It takes a lot longer this way and can be frustrating , but I find that I have way more appreciation for the corals that have matured along with the tank.. I try to frag only when a coral becomes problem for another or I have a friend that really wants a piece :lol: Thanks again for your kind compliment..

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
looking good Jonathan..and I agree it's much more rewarding to grow a coral from a frag. I also find that corals that do mature in my system tend to be hardier to the sometimes mishap swings in temp, cal/alk etc.. that happen than newer colonies...

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Mike.. It's great to hear from you.. Thank you for the compliment! I have found the same as you with corals that have grown out in my tank in terms of their hardiness, which actually makes me think twice about placing wild or maricultured specimens in my tank..

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice job on getting the colors back!
What's the secret ?

Thanks Paul! It's good to hear from you! It was the salt I changed to a few months back that started the problems. I originally started with RC , but felt the Alk mixed too high for a tank where carbon dosing is in play. So, I switched to Seachem, which mixed perfectly between 7-8dkh. Within a few weeks, my colors started to fade, polyps retracted and TN started. Once I realized that the salt was the only thing that I had changed since the down turn, I switched back to RC and I started seeing good results almost immediately. So, I'm sticking with RC and smaller volume water changes to keep Alk stable. Other than that, overall stability and great water flow does the trick for me.

Jbanks as others have said, all I can say is WOW Fantastic looking tank! and I love that powder blue! Keep up the great work its an inspiration

Thanks Checksix! Yeah, I love him too. I still have my fingers crossed with him because they can be such difficult fish to get acclimated to our systems. Out of the bag from Live Aquaria he was a stunning healthy looking fish. He's fattened up even more and I've only seen a few spots of ich come and go. Wish him luck! :)

Last edited:

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Thanks Paul! It's good to hear from you! It was the salt I changed to a few months back that started the problems. I originally started with RC , but felt the Alk mixed too high for a tank where carbon dosing is in play. So, I switched to Seachem, which mixed perfectly between 7-8dkh. Within a few weeks, my colors started to fade, polyps retracted and TN started. Once I realized that the salt was the only thing that I had changed since the down turn, I switched back to RC and I started seeing good results almost immediately. So, I'm sticking with RC and smaller volume water changes to keep Alk stable. Other than that, overall stability and great water flow does the trick for me.

JB, I don't know too much about carbon dosing so I have a question, why would you shoot for a lower dkh level?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: