Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My apologies for taking so long to update the thread.. You guys have been great with comments and suggestions along the way and I thank you for that... I've had a few stumps here and there and have been taking time to sort out the issues and really get on top of them... I lost two colonies from a sudden drop in salinity due to a stupid error on my part, AEFWs and to boot some asternia damage to my birdsnest colonies. Fortunately, things seem to be coming around.. Here are some pics that I shot tonight...

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
great tank i love it !!!

can you explain more about the damage you are dealing with. If you are talking about the starfish i never seen then harm sps corals...

"asternia damage to my birdsnest colonies"

Thank you :) The asternias were eating all my birdsnests from the base up.. I would have thought that they were just cleaning up from stn, until I saw one about the size of a nickel cruising across the top of my m. setosa, which is a very healthy coral.. In the Asternia's trail was a bleached white line.. needless to say, that asternia was hitory and quickly added two harlequin.. As for the salinity drop, which I did ot realize right away, I noticed bleaching in some of the colonies.. together with AEFWs chomping away, a couple of the colonies (ORA Chips and Oregon Tort) did not have much of a chance. I have one tiny bud left on the tort and a couple of patches of the Chips left. Hopefully, they will continue to grow back into colonies where theparents once stood...
I 've added a few different wrasses for the AEFWs , but they can not do the job by themselves.. I have to be dilligent in basting the corals at least two to threee times a week. Once Sons-a&^%$&^'s are in the water column, the wrasses and some of the other fish go to town. I feed less on the day that I baste..

very nice looking tank congrats bro
Thank you very much!

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Sorry to hear about your issues Banks. As for the AEFWs, it seems like everyone has been getting them MF's lately.
But dude, here are some words of encouragement. YOUR TANK STILL LOOKS INSANELY AWSOME MAN. Keep up the good work buddy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: