Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Greetings folks.. I figured it was time to share my tank after being up and running for about a year and a half.... This is my second reef.. I got into the hobby in 2003 and had to make an exit in 2006 due to life changes.. In 2009, I decided it was time to get back to what I loved. The tank is lit by all T5s and I vodka dose.. I'm sure I over-skim, but it seems to be working out well for the corals.. All corals were grown from frags and I used dead rock with only a tiny piece of LR from a friends system to seed the whole tank. So, here it goes.... Please share your comments/suggestions or ask any questions you may have... I hope you guys like it...

September 2010
IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

Last edited:

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!! I really appreciate it.. The two corals referred to by Pauli are actually an ORA Bellina and an ORA Red Planet.. However, I only know that because that's what I bought them as. :lol:

The dims of the Tank are:

48 X 36 X 24(h) It was built by 1000 Island Aquariums (Cadlights online) in Brooklyn. The front and right sides are starphire...

The lighting fixture is an ATI Powermodule.. Here is a picture of the sump when I first set the tank up..

CIMG0964.jpg

The only change I made to the sump was my upgrade from my beloved Deltec AP851 to A BK SM250..

IMG_6341.jpg

I wasn't sure about my decision until i realized that the following amount of skimmate would be produced every week consistently since I set it up.. Great Great skimmer... I felt border-line psychotic for paying the money for it, but it's truly worth its weight in gold...

IMG_6401.jpg

Last edited:

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks Everyone!!

Wow nice tank! Thanks for sharing!

Noticed all if not majority of your powerheads are on the left side. Any particular reason? Or just for appearance?

Tanks you Widdy. I actually tried them on both sides, but it really didn't enhance the flow having them on alternate sides. Vortechs are great in that way. So, I figured I would just keep them all on the left. The sea swirls also help to swing the current in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: