BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a 125g system. I am switching over from a 90g that I have had setup for many years. The 90 has been running with 200lbs of LR and about 1"-2" live sand. It has been running with no fish or corals since about 2006. It has been maintained, and there are many living creatures in there (star fish, small snails, tube worms etc.) I continued to feed the tank (very lightly) through this time to keep it all living.
I will be trasferring the rock from the 90 to the the new 125.
The 125 will sit on a DIY stand that I am in the process of building. The stand build can be seen here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/85175-135g-stand-construction.html .
I used a 40g breeder for a DIY sump/refugium. My lighting will be a ATI 6x80w T5 fixture and I have a AquaC EV-180 skimmer on my 90 that will be used in the new system. After the holiday I will have pretty much all the hardware I need to get things setup and running. Hopefully I will have be able to find the time to get things up and running the within the first few weeks of 2011.
I will post some pictures as things progress.

Here is a picture of my 90g with the rock thats going into he new tank

Bob<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attachments

• 90g.jpg
    90g.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 894

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I set the 90g up in 1998 as a fish only tank. Back then it had dead coral skeletons, crushed coral and bio-balls. It was a healthy tank with happy livestock in it. As I progressed in the hobby I quickly learned that I would have done just about everything differently and decided at that point not to add any more fish. Someday when the the tank had no live stock in I would redo it. My fish lived happily for 7 years in there until I had a crash and lost them :( . That is when I added the rock an sand. I added a pair of clown to the tank, then switched jobs and ran out of time. I also wasn't really happy with the setup and decided when the time is right I would do a bigger tank and set it up the way I always wished I had the 90g. Finally the time has come.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
UPS delivered a bunch x-mas presents this week. Wrapped under the tree I have waiting for me a Neptune Apex, MP40wES, ATO, refugium light and a bunch of other little goodies. I think all I am missing is a dual media reactor and some dosing pumps.
I will be running 2 Koralia EVO 1400's with the MP40 to start. I plan on adding another MP40 someday.
All need is some spare time and things will start moving again.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
UPS delivered a bunch x-mas presents this week. Wrapped under the tree I have waiting for me a Neptune Apex, MP40wES, ATO, refugium light and a bunch of other little goodies. I think all I am missing is a dual media reactor and some dosing pumps.
I will be running 2 Koralia EVO 1400's with the MP40 to start. I plan on adding another MP40 someday.
All need is some spare time and things will start moving again.

I think Santa dropped those at your house by mistake, he must have switched our addresses! lol

Best of luck with the tank, sounds like it will be very nice.
I admire your patience in keeping the 90 going all of this time!

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I Have a AC duct exactly where the cable mount for my light fixture needs to go.
I have a few choices on where to move it. I can simply move it one stud bay over
toward the center of the tank, or one bay over placing it on the outside edge above the tank. The other choice would be to completely relocate the duct away from the tank. If I stay above the tank I most likely can get away with just moving it, no parts needed. If I relocate it I would have to buy new duct material to lengthen the line to where it has to go.
My question is.....Is having a AC duct above the tank a positive or a negative?
The air doesn't blow straight down, it's blown sort of horizontally out angled down a little.

BobNY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I haven't been able to get too much done lately with the holiday's and all.
I have a day off during the wee that I hopefully be able to make a good amount of progress. Here are some pictures for now.

Firts is my completed sump. The sock holder is from BRS. It's a bit larger that I would have liked. I was hoping to to use the 7" sock and feed both overflow's through the one sock. I am thinking of changing to 2 4" socks instead. We'll see when I get the skimmer in there.

The second picture is my mated pair of Clown's I have living in QT until the day their new home is ready.I have had them for a bit over 2 weeks. They are doing wonderful. Eat like pigs and no signs of any nasties.

Attachments

• P1020680-1.jpg
    P1020680-1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 252
  • P1020673-3.jpg
    P1020673-3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 256

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: