evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
YEY! new tank that i will or must be satisfied with.
dimensions 24 x 24 x 18

I don't mind the overflow and like that it's compact unlike other tanks with OVERLY considerate overflows.

I just picked it up and at work so no pictures until it is somewhat up and running.

equipment:

Marineland 45 cube
EVOLUTION 100WATT LED 20K
MP10
Custom King sump
QuietOne 2200 return
American DJ Power Panel
current powerbrites
eSHOPPS PSK75H

needing:
BRS Dual reactor
RO/DI

I'm going to have to make a nicer looking rockwork. If you have great aquascaping ideas or your favorite pictures of aquascape work. PLEASE POST IT!!

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
rock

this was from my 60g cube

Attachments

• random 078.jpg
    random 078.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 646

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
lol dubs that's what i said. wth is up with all those power heads. no sand storms though?

looks good Noob. Once it grows out should look awesome. what type of shelf rock is that>?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry, I haven't really updated as of yet. still waiting on major components. water and sufficient lighting. i have to re-plumb and should be good to go for another cycle process.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
better late than never ;) **updated original post for equipment changes**

photo4-5.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

i'll have to take pictures again today since all those frags have been set to their new locations. so far great polyp extension.

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I will have to get updated pictures but I just purchase a sebae flat yellow anemone and not even 12 hours later my clown started hosting it!!!

I believe this is the type of clown that I have.

Lights were out and didn't want to startle the system just to take a picture. I will get one after work. FREAKING EXCITED! I know it isn't a 100% chance of getting a clown to host. Pure success!

Amphiprion Sebae

Common Names: Sabae clownfish.
Native to: Arabian Peninsula, Indonesia, Maldives, Sri Lanka and the Andaman Sea.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Host: S.haddoni.[/FONT]
Size: 140mm
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Variants: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]None known.[/FONT][/FONT]

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Thanks. I'm going to add caribsea pink fiji sand tomorrow to get ready for a blue spotted jawfish.

I need to cleanup this thread.

I decided on different routes for a lot of different specs for my system. I'm going to get a frag tank and integrate the two or get a seahouse ready system because my son is requesting one.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I think it is a
Amphiprion clarkii (Bennett 1830), Clarkii or Yellowtail Clownfish. Indo-West Pacific; Persian Gulf to Western Australia to Melanesia, Micronesia. To six inches in length. The most variable species of the subfamily. Blackish to brown body color, third white body bar on caudal peduncle, white or yellow tail. At right in N. Sulawesi. Below: Juvenile in Queensland Australia, adult in the Maldives (typical dark color as with most individuals found with Stichodactyla mertensii), and lastly aquarium image.
here is the site.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/clownfis.htm

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
So the situation changed my setup and I am pretty happy right now with everything!!

Rockwork:
2011-10-19_21-52-23_17.jpg

2011-10-19_21-52-26_381.jpg

2011-10-19_21-52-40_965.jpg

2011-10-19_21-52-45_941.jpg

NEW CORALS!!!!!!
2011-10-22_00-47-32_168.jpg

2011-10-22_00-47-40_107.jpg

2011-10-22_00-47-43_866.jpg

The corals were impulse buys because the individual selling was taking down the tank quickly. Please feel free to tell me the type of brain, gonipora it is.

Should I give more space between brain corals?

How long does it take for a sun coral to sprout? Currently closed and I would love for them to open.

New livestock list:

trio of purple firefish
maroon clown and i guess a clarkii

So far I am very happy with the setup and I have a lot of interesting hitchhikers/macros/filter feeders and sponges on the rock.

I also love the different color coraline that it has. From deep red, purple, yellows, orange, etc.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm pretty happy with what's going in my tank.

From different types of macros:

Flame algae
unidentified but looks like a bush - ha

The I have PLATING CORALINE from what I read is pretty rare and others have seen them die off but my are growing by the numbers!!

Awesome shapes and love my rock work.

My son got a free false perc and it's trying to host my green gonipora but doesn't look like the gonipora is happy about it!! That was fun to see.

I will try to get a nice torch or hammer soon to try to get it something to host.

I also got a nice ~100 head colony of acans.

I started dosing with bIonic 2part. I may also start with mb7 and something like biofuel just to add since I plan to heavily stock soon.

Some pics:

Please feel free to ID some pics 1-3. I have a bunch of what looks like sponge/jelly like picture 2.

2011-11-06_16-13-48_326.jpg

2011-11-06_16-14-15_917.jpg

2011-11-06_16-14-30_606.jpg

2011-11-06_16-14-50_382.jpg

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I know a whole seller but it really isn't like going to an actual shop. He gets random live stock in that he sells to stores etc and I pick whichever good stuff I can get my hands on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: