NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
for every 1 person you see have troubles with a cal reactor there are 50 who dont. and a cal reactor is my next equipt purchase. tired of mixing kalk and still having to dose. no matter what type of dosing you use there is always room for error or problems

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
for every 1 person you see have troubles with a cal reactor there are 50 who dont. and a cal reactor is my next equipt purchase. tired of mixing kalk and still having to dose. no matter what type of dosing you use there is always room for error or problems

but i must say balling lite method for me is working and very well. and pretty hard to crash a tank or over dose plus with the extra trace elements also being dosed you really see why they are needed

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
ClosetFishGeek - I always tought that calcium reactor was the way to go as i have seen lots of succsessful sps tanks ran calcium reactors at the moment the demand for calcium in my tank is low 30ml in the Am and 30ml at night but i plan on growing a small sps forest so i know im gonna need a calcium reactor sometime in the near future.

NDY - Thanks Endy

NYreefNoob - u are right it goes both ways :) :( but when u think of crashing your tank most people play it safe im not much of a risk taker unless i know what im doing.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
H2o as I said before I love my reactor, however on your tank even with a forrest of Sps dosing will be fine. You will just need some bigger reservoirs.....:splitspin See how it goes....If you do go the dosing route get a serious doser like Grotech/Profilux or Litermeter.

Thane

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
once you really start adding sps you will see the demands jump. and nothing like the consistantcy of a reactor, other choice would be as thane suggested, but i would look at the bubble magnus doser 3 pump $300. i thought of going that route also, but even with dosing kalk through ato i am still dosing 50ml a day at the moment of 2 part, pending type of cal reactor you can run domilite in second chamber and add mag along with cal and alk. which is my plan,

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Media turning to mush is the result of A LOT of co2 not a little. Use the large Arm media and get a bubble counter. Listen guys at the end of the day I love bolth methods. I use a reactor on my large system which is roughly 600 gallons and I dose on my small system 125. I love them bolth. On a larger system calcium reactors really shine.

"I dose on my small system 125."
His Small System LOL!!

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
does anyone here know that elos tanks are improted handmade crystal glass tanks, they make starphire and acrylic tanks look like trash, thats why they cost so much

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
does anyone here know that elos tanks are improted handmade crystal glass tanks, they make starphire and acrylic tanks look like trash, thats why they cost so much

not made out of crystal and they are pricey because they are imported and because of the quality

All "crystal clear" low iron glass. While most aquarium builders will offer this as an option, and in most cases only on certain panes, the Elos aquarium comes standard with low iron glass on all viewable panes of the aquarium. <SUP class=footnote>1</SUP> Beyond choosing this glass, we carefully check and often reject panes of glass for even the smallest imperfections that will affect the optical clarity

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: