pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hungriee call me tonight i know whats the problem, I ran into the same issues when I had the tank. I ended up running two pumps to solve the low water flow when I split it off to the accessories.

As for the Bean animal system you need to set the siphon pipe about an inch lower the the open channel, that would make sure that the siphon starts first. Also make sure the open channel pipe is lower in the sump so it create more pressure on that pipe.

Do those two things and you should be all set. As for the pump I recommend getting one about 1200 gph or more if you only want to run one pump. The reason I say that is the way you plumbed the system. If you add up the length of all the pipes you are close to or over the 12' max and that is with out any elbows.

If you want redo the plumbing, bring the return pipe up to the top of the tank then split it to the two holes.You will cut about 4' of head pressure out and get more flow. This tool is very helpful http://www.reefcentral.com/index.php/head-loss-calculator i used it to get an estimate of what I would get out of the pump I had.

PM me if you need my number.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hungriee call me tonight i know whats the problem, I ran into the same issues when I had the tank. I ended up running two pumps to solve the low water flow when I split it off to the accessories.

As for the Bean animal system you need to set the siphon pipe about an inch lower the the open channel, that would make sure that the siphon starts first. Also make sure the open channel pipe is lower in the sump so it create more pressure on that pipe.

Do those two things and you should be all set. As for the pump I recommend getting one about 1200 gph or more if you only want to run one pump. The reason I say that is the way you plumbed the system. If you add up the length of all the pipes you are close to or over the 12' max and that is with out any elbows.

If you want redo the plumbing, bring the return pipe up to the top of the tank then split it to the two holes.You will cut about 4' of head pressure out and get more flow. This tool is very helpful http://www.reefcentral.com/index.php/head-loss-calculator i used it to get an estimate of what I would get out of the pump I had.

PM me if you need my number.

Thanks man. I'm going to cut the pipes tonight first to see if I can get a difference. I noticed the open chanel is siphoning all the water too fast. If I still get it right - i'm going to give you a call :lol:

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i fixed it !:splitspin

Thanks Pmoneyt!

I just need to reduce the eheim's vibration, keeps humming in the sump - quite annoying lol

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yeah i know that is why i don't use mine anymore, try cutting the tubing a bit so the pump is supended that should help. If not you got to do external and i recommend a T4, I am running it now on my 180 and i don't hear anything at all. and it will run all of your equipment because its 1240 GPH.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
All ready to go for cycling. Now I need to expedite some coraline algae on my rocks lol.

Unfortunately, I did find a small leak on my manifold joints. I tried to add some pvc cement outside which ruined my plumbing aesthetics and still didnt fix the small leak - the leak is very small, probably a 1 drop per 2 hours but still bothers me - what to do to fix it?

Here's some pic updates:

* The water is very cloudy as I didn't clean the sand well and when I filled it stirred it up now I got milk water. You think the skimmer and carbon can clear this up? or should I drain and refill? What a waste of water though haha

Attachments

• photo-15.JPG
    photo-15.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 495
  • photo-16.JPG
    photo-16.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 488
  • photo-17.JPG
    photo-17.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 491

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
hey nice build. I just plumb my cube and ran into the same problem with a leak. Mine is real slow but still would like to get it fix. Was wondering did you get that answer on how to fix the leak without re-doing the piping?

All ready to go for cycling. Now I need to expedite some coraline algae on my rocks lol.

Unfortunately, I did find a small leak on my manifold joints. I tried to add some pvc cement outside which ruined my plumbing aesthetics and still didnt fix the small leak - the leak is very small, probably a 1 drop per 2 hours but still bothers me - what to do to fix it?

Here's some pic updates:

* The water is very cloudy as I didn't clean the sand well and when I filled it stirred it up now I got milk water. You think the skimmer and carbon can clear this up? or should I drain and refill? What a waste of water though haha

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Nice build! I love cube tanks.
Nice job on the plumbing. What is the purpose of the manifold?

Thank you. I created a removable manifold joined with a union. The manifold is to feed my my reactors (GFO/carbon) and a chiller if needed. The last manifold I plan on using it to spray off any debris found in the sump and use it as a drain to do a w/c.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
hey nice build. I just plumb my cube and ran into the same problem with a leak. Mine is real slow but still would like to get it fix. Was wondering did you get that answer on how to fix the leak without re-doing the piping?

If it was a small leak - I was able to fix it by applying primer + pvc cement on the exterior. The leak that kept building up even after the extra exterior cement - I decided to redo so I won't have to think about it leaking everyday.

I was told epoxy can fix it but haven't tried it personally.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I redid my plumbing using some old parts which didnt leak and connected it with couplings - now its leakfree.

Im only experiencing noise in my overflow box from the flow coming down from the overflow teeth - its like a waterfall, but better than the toilet flushing noise I had a few days back LOL

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
dam i have the same exact problem. I drilled holes in the drain pipe, then put a cap on it thinking i would quiet the noise. FAIL lol

What I actually did was dial the siphon so more water filled in the overflow box so the height of the teeth and the height of the water level is closer - which made it more quiet.

How deep do you have your drain pipe into your sump?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
looking good man! :)

Thanks Marv!

The tank is all set up - but my water is a bit cloudy still due to the sand. I didn't rinse it thorough enough. Hopefully the skimmer can clear this up. It'll be a month or two till I begin stocking the tank - right now I'm trying to boost my coraline algae.. anyone got coraline to sell LOL

i'll need it in powder form!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: