Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Its a new year soon, so new beginnings. In 2009 I purchased a very run down home and practically demolished and rebuilt to my liking. Finally, the house is complete and its 2010 LOL. I purchased the tank used from a fellow helpful member here on MR (pmoneyt) in 2009 and finally finished fixing up the tank to my liking. Now the tank is situated in the basement in my entertainment room.

Here's some specs of the tank and then I'll post the first complete pic of the tank.

Tank Size: 135 G (36" L x 36" W x 24" H) External Bean Animal Style Overflow
Lighting: 1x LED Fixture + 2x 36" ReefBrite LEDs
Sump: 40 Breeder Tank transformed to sump baffles glued By Me
Frag Section (Lit By PowerBrites), Skimmer Section, Return Section.
Skimmer: SWC Extreme 160
Circulation: 2x MP40w + 3x Hydor Koralia Evo 1400 Wavemaker
Controller: ReefKeeper Lite + American DJ Panel 8 Outlet
Return: Eheim 1262

Livestock:
Fish - I have 2 Clownfish and 1 Hippo Tang from before currently in my holding tub with my corals.
Corals -
Mostly LPS (Acans, Chalices, Favias, Blastos), and lots of zoas.

What other cool fish you think will fit into this tank? I wanted some angels but know they aren't reef safe :irked:

Attachments

• photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,493
Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Beautiful space you made there..I love the flooring too!
Balloons? How festive! :)

You didn't ask this, but I'd paint the canopy/stand black too.

A few mid-sized colorful wrasses (not a 6-line) that stay out & about are always nice. A pair of Flame Wrasses makes for a beautiful display.

I do have a question...what is this??
External Bean Animal Style Overflow

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
are you going to cover the tank or have a canopy that wont allow jumpers out ? i am a huge wrasse person, my favorite species. but before i recommend have to know if tank is going to be jumper proof

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
My ceiling is only 7 feet tall in the basement so I won't have a canopy. The tank will be covered with a 3 separate pieces of glass so it'll conceal the water evaporation and prevent jumpers. I'm a fan of wrasses but never owned one was thinking about a mystery wrasse.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
My ceiling is only 7 feet tall in the basement so I won't have a canopy. The tank will be covered with a 3 separate pieces of glass so it'll conceal the water evaporation and prevent jumpers. I'm a fan of wrasses but never owned one was thinking about a mystery wrasse.

The glass covers will great reduce your oxygen exchange and the effectiveness of your lighting. Why not go with the mesh covers instead that eliminate jumping and won't impact oxygen exhange or the $ you are spending on your lighting?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
well the flame wrasse is my personal favorite wrasse. but i also have a social wrasse that i like as well for different reasons and it doesnt get as large, my super male flame is about 5.5" and oddly enough he is pretty dominate of my tank. one thing i would suggest if doing more then one species of wrasse add them at same time, the yellow coris is always a nice addition, very pretty fish especially at adult colors, potters angels are pretty safe also as most pygmy angels are but still a 50/50 with niping bellus angels also

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Thanks everyone! The snowstorm delayed my plumbing as the parts haven't been delivered yet. Once it comes in, i'll set it up asap.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
actually no angel is reef safe at all, some are just more likely to eat corals than others. for example someone might get a swallowtail that will eat corals and someone else might get one that doesnt, just saying

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: