Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thank you all very much. I am sitting with my daughter, reading all the nice thing you are saying about our tank, It is very nice to hear. We usually sit together and look at all of your tanks, we love them all. She is very excited to hear all the nice things being said, you guys are awesome.
Thank you all again
Mike & Kayla

O-yeah, sorry Jeremy :eek:

Last edited:

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
mike im a little slow, so the tank pictured is the 220g ? if so what did you upgrade from ? and a list of equiptment would be nice

Hi NYreefnoob,
Yes, the tank I have now is a 210. I upgraded from a 95 corner and 150 tall, both reef. I thought it would be easier to take care of one larger tank rather then two.
As for the equipment I am using, My Lights are 250 watt MH Coralvue dimmable ballasts with reeflux 12k bulbs
I am using custom dimmable Wingo LED's Red, Blue, royal blue and green for my actinics. They were made for the Profilux 3 controller
I have a GEO calcium reactor and 4 little fishes reactors for my phosban and carbon.
Custom king made me my sump
I had a JBJ 1/3 HP chiller, but just upgraded to a 1hp oceanic chiller
I am using 3) MP 40's now, I have a fourth I have to install to the back of the tank for the tidal wave effect.
I am using the Profilux 3 as my controller. I just ordered 4) simu profilux LED sunrise/sunset,moon/storm lights to get the thunderstorm effect.
I installed 2 frag tanks in my filter room, plumbed in off the main tank to grow my frags in. I figured it would be easier to just worry about the main tank and let the main tank take care of my frag tanks. I am lighting it with 150 watt MH with T5's. I am almost finished with water change system. I have two 40 gallon water containers, one fresh water for my top off and the other with saltwater for my water changes. I have it plumbed so when I turn on one pump, it will pump out what ever amount of water I need out the back of my house. I then turn on the other pump to pump fresh saltwater back into the tank. I am trying to keep it as neat as possible (it keeps the wife happy) :shhh: in return, no problem with having my tanks :biggrin: I will get some more pictures of the equipment.
1003692.jpg

1003431p.jpg

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Guys, Thank you very much.
Yeah, I love having the frag tanks. It makes it so much easier when I have to Frag. Its also great having them plumbed into the main tank, I never have to do water changes in them or really worry about anything for that matter, The main tank takes care of them for me. I got them from a guy who is now selling them on e-bay. I paid $150 for the first and he gave me the second for $100 shipped, how could I go wrong with that. This is his link
http://cgi.ebay.com/24X20X8-3-8-ACR...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c531fb8b1#ht_1566wt_261

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Yeah, It says $225 buy it now or make an offer. I made an offer for $150 and he took it. If you look at the history of that item, I think he even sold one for $105. He offered the second one to me for $100 and I took it. To be honest, I think if you put an offer for $150 and over, it excepts it automatically.

Last edited:

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
To be honest, I have no -'s. The tanks are awesome, made very well. They have all rounded edges and the seller couldn't be better. I purchased the tanks and he even shipped them before I got him out the payment. I bought them and sent him a message asking if he would like paypal or money order, he replied after a couple of days saying they were shipped and pay-pal would be fine. I would recommend him to anybody.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: