akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Ok so been about a month and I figured time to update. I like updating once a month just so I can keep track of it for myself. SPS part of the tank are doing pretty good. Encrusting and growing at a good pace. Hopefully I'll be getting a dslr next month. Hard to take pics under LED's.

I unfortunately lost one of my clownfish. Wasn't looking too healthy but I picked up 2 new fish for now.
- A tailspot blenny and a wrasse from Dom.

Adding zoa pictures for this. I couldn't get a picture of them all. Some of them were closed up so next time I update I will try to include them all at that time.

The little blenny:
tailspotblenny.jpg

Jewel Leopard Wrasse from DOM:
jewelleopardwrasse.jpg

Here's a new SPS: Rommel's watermellon from my friend jose
rommelswatermellon.jpg

This is one of the best blasto's I have ever seen. Orange with hints of green and yellow:
blasto.jpg

Orange Hammer:
orangehammer.jpg

WWC lazer lemons:
wwclazerlemons.jpg

purple hooters (wow):
wobbewong.jpg

Tutti futti:
tuttifutti.jpg

Strawberry wines:
strawberrywine.jpg

SC Utter Chaos:
scutterchaos.jpg

Rhastas:
rhastas.jpg

raptorsgarden.jpg

PPE:
ppe1.jpg

Pink Elephant:
pinkelephant2.jpg

JF Rainbow:
jfrainbow.jpg

JF Bloodshot:
jfbloodshot.jpg

One of my favorites:
favs.jpg

Emeralds of fire:
emeraldsonfire.jpg

Darth Mauls:
darthmauls.jpg

CAR:
car.jpg

caetc.jpg

Black Hole Suns:
bhsandstrawberrywine.jpg

I'll try to get pics of the rest of the zoas next time: couldn't get a clear shot of the rest.

Last edited:

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
The algae with the blenny is red turf algae and hair algae on plugs. I stopped dosing prodibio for about a month and with overfeeding I think the nutrients shot up. Started dosing prodibio again and it's going down. I went away to the DR for a week and when I came back I lost one of my clownfish and that's when the hair algae started. But it's going back down agian.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Ahh man sorry to hear about your loss dude I've lost clowns myself so know the feelin especially when they were paired up already zoas look great btw

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
update time~

I changed out the rock to live marco rocks a few weeks ago. The original rock was getting hit with cyano and I couldn't figure out why. After I took it out saw that the way it was formed caused too much detrimus to stack on the bottom. Took the zoas off the sand because they were constantly covered with sand because of my flow. Since i've put them on racks all opening up much better.
Some of my sps I have at a friends house because I went out of country for a month.

Front tank:
tankfront1.jpg

The right side I'm going to make this an acan rock:
rightside.jpg

Few new chalices: I'll probably move these onto the rock on the left side to make it a chalice island.
newchalice.jpg

Here's just a sick acan:
sickacan.jpg

So many zoas I have to start fragging. Not sure if I should mount them on the rock.

Last edited:

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
So i'm swapping out tanks pretty soon so probably last set of pics of my solana:

I'm hooked on clowns so I just picked up a pair of sick plats. The black contrast is awesome on these guys.
platclown.jpg

Picked up a new chalice:
The FnF Goku chalice.
fnfgoku.jpg

My bazooka joe got stung but it's starting to make a comeback. Lost all it's color but after switching back to T5's the red is coming back fast.
bazookajoe.jpg

Yuma:
yuma.jpg

new acans:
newacans.jpg

acan1.jpg

acan2.jpg

rainbow4.jpg

rainbow3.jpg

rainbow2.jpg

rainbow1.jpg

And this sick new scoly I just picked up:
scoley.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: