CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Heres a recent tank vid I made for my father, I know its nothing special and the cameras not so great but figured why not post it here haha.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ncc4zqWEjfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Im planning on redoing my rockwork soon, probably this weekend and siphoning out alot of sand and replacing it slowly over time during water changes because I made the mistake of buying 50 lbs of tiny sugar-sized white dry sand from petco that is now being blown all around my tank, even with my poor flow.

Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think!

Looking forward to meeting you all at the swap!

-Patrick and Shelby

CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks great so far dude. Congrats! Just one thing you might be worried about. That little starfish generally needs a well established tank to stay alive. Might wanna check that out.

Yeah Guarda your right, I thought he would be fine since I was transferring all my stuff over from my established 30g, but I guess there wasn't enough for him to forage on, so like you said, unfortunately he died a few weeks after the transfer :(

CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey Patrick,

sweet looking tank, rockwork looks really really good. question though... I have never seen so many large snails in one tank, does that create any issues?

Thanks! And actually the snails you see in the video on the glass are the only large snails I have, I took the video shortly after getting them from Jim at Saltwater Critters. He recommended I get more actually but my budget was limiting. I highly recommended him for any questions regarding your tank and a Clean up crew.

CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Swap Update, im sure alot of you saw these already but ill repost them here and Ill have a new video up soon.

Also just wanted to thank all those involved in the swap for making it great, it was our first time going to any sort of event like this and we had an absolute blast. It was great to meet everyone!

Heres some stuff we picked up, my camera doesnt do any of these justice and this is not everything hahaha

IMG_6276.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

Hammer.jpg

GreenTorch.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Patrick, everything really looks awesome. Very nice acquisitions. Keep looking at that last full tank shot and remember from whence you came, because it's going to fill in real fast. Before you know it you'll have a full blown reef.

Looking great.
Russ

CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Patrick, everything really looks awesome. Very nice acquisitions. Keep looking at that last full tank shot and remember from whence you came, because it's going to fill in real fast. Before you know it you'll have a full blown reef.

Looking great.
Russ

Thanks again for the encouragement and all your help Russ! The Maxi-Jet is working great, (As you will see in a few minutes)

I love the tank the aquascape looks great ...

Thank you!

that is a nice clam. take a pic of the shell from the side. if smooth shell, its crocea.

Thanks Reefman, dont have a pic on hand but the side has small ridges

CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So yesterday we stopped by Russ' place to pick up a new Maxi-Jet 1200 Circulation Pump / Powerhead (Which I believe is new to the market). We had been having a small algae issue and so we picked up a great Clean Up Crew from Jim (House) and this great pump from Russ.

As far as my review after running it for 24 hours, its great so far! It seems so put out not only more water movement but a stronger force than my Koralias. Its easy to assemble, the only thing that caught me off guard at first was the noise, for the first half hour this thing was as loud as my return pump, but after about 3 hours It was completely silent!

Heres a video and some pics of it and you can really see all of our softies and LPS blowing around happily fully extended.

Also if anyone has suggestions on placement or if you see anything that doesnt look right please feel free to let me know!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tx55YUeiUvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

And once again I would like to thank Russ and Jim for their excellent service and willingness to help! :grouphug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: