Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
yea i was actually thinking of that myself because my quiet one 3000 is pumpin water faster then a single overflow can handle and stuff is getting stuck in between the teeth. but im just trying to figure out how? should i use like a disk sander or something?
id would open the teeth some on the overflow box, those wont handle much flow

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
when can i put my fish back in. i thought i would have a little mini cycle but no nothing at all. i put in the raw shrimp like last week and it like broke down alot and my ammonia or nitrite didn't go up only my nitrate. and i want to quarantine the fish first to make sure i dont put ich back into the system because im terrified of it now.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
the tank with rock has been set up for 3 months but last week we took it apart to drill it and build a sump but i kept the rock in heated bins of water with powerheads so thats why i though i can put fish in earlier sice all the rock has been cycled but i thought there would be a mini cycle since i stirred up all the sand and rock but no its just producing nitrate and no ammonia or nitrite
How long have you been empty with the new tank? I'd wait another 4-6 weeks at least. Patience my friend, patience is the key to a successful tank. Rush it and you might lose more fish and $$$

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i plan to give it another week or 2 to make sure i just want to quarantine them before i put them into the main tank.

Heads up, after finally emptying the tank and a 7 week fallow(tank empty) time, i put my foxface, clowns, blennies, lionfish in which were quarantined for 4 weeks, quarantined my blue throat trigger for only a week figuring it was healthy....NOPE another ich outbreak. Be careful, quarantine and treat them with copper for a good 4 weeks. You dont want another outbreak, this time i'm just gonna fight it the old fashioned way, 5% water changes and healthy diet and see how it goes because they're impossible to catch. Going on week 2 and everyone is still alive and eating

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
yea thats what i wanted to do. use copper on all new fish but then everyone was telling me i should just keep it for a week or two alone and see if it gets ich first then use copper only if its sick. so should i just do what i wanted in the first place and use copper on all new fish
Heads up, after finally emptying the tank and a 7 week fallow(tank empty) time, i put my foxface, clowns, blennies, lionfish in which were quarantined for 4 weeks, quarantined my blue throat trigger for only a week figuring it was healthy....NOPE another ich outbreak. Be careful, quarantine and treat them with copper for a good 4 weeks. You dont want another outbreak, this time i'm just gonna fight it the old fashioned way, 5% water changes and healthy diet and see how it goes because they're impossible to catch. Going on week 2 and everyone is still alive and eating

I still have not understood why you're so eager to subject your fish to unnecessary stress. I told you they are in my tank perfectly fine, no signs of ich and eating perfectly fine. Why not just put them in your tank and just acclimate temperature by floating the bag. I don't see why they need any other attention that I feel would just stress them out for no reason. If anyone believes that I am wrong to say this please point it out? And if you agree with me please point it out as well so he can understand it...

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i know but im just terrified of ich now. if one little parasite is in their gils or something and it gets into my tank then my whole hyposalinity thing was a waste. so i know there going to be stressed when i pick them up and i will put them another tank and if they dont get ich in 4 days ill put them in the DT if they do then ill use copper.
I still have not understood why you're so eager to subject your fish to unnecessary stress. I told you they are in my tank perfectly fine, no signs of ich and eating perfectly fine. Why not just put them in your tank and just acclimate temperature by floating the bag. I don't see why they need any other attention that I feel would just stress them out for no reason. If anyone believes that I am wrong to say this please point it out? And if you agree with me please point it out as well so he can understand it...

IamRobG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ahhh...information that was much needed and left out. If they're healthy already in a tank (how long btw?) and they were his original fish then put them in the DT. I was under the assumption they were new fish that he wanted to drop in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: