Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Wow great progress on the tank. You have come a long way in a short amount of time.

As far as ich goes I have no experience with it and I have a hippo tang.
Part of my prevention is keeping my fish as stress free as possible. Patient, well researched and deliberate methods go a long way. You may never see ich again. Then again you never know.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ok here are some updates. the water temp as you can see is getting better over time and not the 66-68 that i had a problem with. the ph is starting to get stable. i still see some fluctuations but its starting to get smaller changes every day. the orp is low because my ozone machine is disconnected now and the amps... yes the only thing those 3.8 amps are from is the heater, a small refugium light and the skimmer. when i unplug everything exept the heaters it stays a 3.8 so yea lol theres alot of heating to keep it warm is a new house. i set the house temp to 55 and i go there alot now so it gets up to 70 when im there and thats whats keeping the temp up like that but i will be moving in right after my winter break. i also silenced the overflows. Fortunato told me the idea of drilling the pipe and sticking r/o tubing in it and it worked alot but still made the gurgling noise even with the elbows sticking up so i put a tee and now it is so silent i can barley hear it when i put my ear there. the r/o tubing and the tee work perfectly together and thats why its so silent because if i stop air from the tube it starts gurgling again. i also had to put the tees higher because the waves from the vortech would make so much splashing in both overflows and it got annoying so i raised the pipes so the water level inside is right under the teeth. i filled up the refugium with a 6-7 inch sandbed. im a big fan of deep sandbeds i know some people dont like them and some will say i need more experience before i try it well i just put it to beging with and i just truly believe it works because just think of how deep the sand in the ocean is and how much stuff is living in there and yes i have stuff in their like snails to turn it and stuff but i need more so ill go to the store or something and pick some up. i filled it up with macroalgae i got from reefcleaners. i just like the look of the planted refugium and its beneficial too. dont worry i know all about how the plants can release all their nutrients if not taken care of properly but i have some chaeto in their just incase to back it up kind of if a plant ever does do that. also the mangroves i hear mixed reviews. some people say they can be fully submerged and they will eventually go through the water and others say they will die. @[email protected] i looked for a piece of foam but i cant find any so i will just leave them and hopefully they will grow out of the water soon and ill put another light right on top for when they start getting higher then the other light.
P1010200.jpg

P1010196.jpg

P1010195.jpg

P1010194.jpg

P1010193.jpg

P1010192.jpg

P1010191.jpg

P1010190.jpg

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ok the ph is staying stable between 8.34 and 8.36 it seems to go drop to 8.34 at night then raise to 8.36 during the early hours of the day then at like 5 it starts to slowly fall again to 8.34. is this a god swing or is it to much? i have the graph on the reefkeeper on so thats how i know how it was overnight and stuff.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: