garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i dont want to get into a debate over lighting i only have had these lights for a few days but as of right now i love them i get the same shimmer as mh and my corals seem to really like them as well they are really looking good and they are only at 35%white 40% blue and 45% royal blue then they switch to 30% blue and 45% royal blue for about an hour and the colar i get out of the tank is unbelievable like i said just my opinion

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
forgot to tell everyone i had two pumps on hand hooked everything up with the marineland 5500 and had a mag 12 standing by in case well the ml is dead silent and plenty of power for my set up its almost perfect it is running wide open and the overflow is right on

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
ok the skimmer seems to be doing alot better gonna let it sit till monday and then lower it back to the 11 inch mark and adjust it and see what happens my next issue is about every 30 seconds or so i get a shot of bubbles comming out of the lockline return to the tank i checked all the clamps and no air going in from there i didnt use teflon tape where the lock line meets the elbow from the return could this be it ???????????

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i figured out the bubbles the drain pipe was a little to low raised it up a little and the bubbles stoped and its much quiter lol head up my @#$@

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 416
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 415

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i havent done that yet iwill try that on monday right now i have an old sock in there i ordered some new 7 inch socks cause the 4 inch were a joke how should i do this how much vinegar to water how long to soak never did this so lead me in the right direction please

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
its been a week since the tank swap everything looking real good i just uped the lights by 3% on each im thinking that the kz bulbs were a little stronger than the settings i had the new lights at some corals that werent opening up fully are now opening up more

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 397
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 398

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
thanks pauli now i sit back with a beer and just watch lol until a snail knocks something over only thing i cant understand is my green bubble tip he is wide open when the lights go off when they come on he shrinks up to almost nothing i have him up top just where he was in the other tank could the lights be to strong but then why are my other corals doing so good he is the only one that doing this anyone got an answer thanks

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Leave him alone. If he's not happy, ha can move on his own. Lol...
Just make sure you're ready to start clearing things out of his path. In my last upgrade, I also placed my anemone in the same place where I had him prior. But I guess he wasn't happy with the spot. After moving twice, he found a desired location and acclimated pretty well. I'm almost sure yours will do the same.

aagresti

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
just read through your whole thread, great job on all aspects of the build (framing, sheetrock, electrical, sump, plumbing, etc). if it's not too much trouble can you post some pics with the color really skewed towards the blue spectrum something like 75 blue, 75 royal, 5-10 white.

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
its 130 am and the bubble tip is wide open pauli i hope your right i dont want to lose him he looks real healthy right now lol but a shriveled mess during the day i will try and post pics tomorrow with the lights at those settings but my camera sucks i hope it will tell u what u want to know

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: