skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Yeah it's a tough one. I try and weed out who I will deal with and who I wont. Sure people can be sincere with intentions.. but I'm one that will tell you that if I do not want to deal with you. I just flat out will not deal with you. I don't particularly care if you are selling or purchasing.
If you feel that you are getting rubbed the wrong way, then it is best to avoid yourself the aggravation and patiently wait to deal with someone that you feel is going to give you courtesy during your purchase/exchange.

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yeah it gets out of controll when u pay a lot of $$$ 4 high end coral and get tiny frag that don't make a day . Flakers is another thing that got popular around here I got one rule for these fools. I place them on the ignore list 4 life and from now on I will post flaker feedback to keep them in check.

greybolt03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Honestly I'm confused here.

What is the definition of bad goods? You buying a fish and it dying in a day really doesn't strike me as bad goods lol.

If I bought something from someone and they were a "stand up guy" and the fish died I wouldn't come to the conclusion that they jerked me...

Is this person a vendor? A stealth vendor? Or just a hobbyist like most of us?

I just had a fish die overnight for no apparent reason..

There's obviously so many things that could of happen. saltwater livestock can be easily stressed especially tangs! Especially if someone bullied him, bad acclimation or even just bad luck. Temp changes etc..

If you deal with someone and you come to the conclusion That they ripped you off there must have been other things that brought you to that conclusion.. Unless your just being unreasonable. Which I doubt you are..

You haven't really given too much information!
+1 I think you need to put more details out there not say to name any names but what kind of fish was it what kind of tank did it come out of and go into what other fish were in with it before you got it?no one wants to loose a fish they just got but it does happen... Sometimes for no good reason..

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
i hear you dubs i had a guy come to my house and out of good faith i gave him a huge candy cane colony he told me he lives in jersey and told me he would give me some mushrooms and a rbta and am always texting him and still wAITING FOR HIM TO COME THREW am at the point if he dont come threw this week am gonna put him on blast so everyone could know what kind of a guy he is ive been waiting patiently for like 3 months always hitting him up that just aint right

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
i hear you dubs i had a guy come to my house and out of good faith i gave him a huge candy cane colony he told me he lives in jersey and told me he would give me some mushrooms and a rbta and am always texting him and still wAITING FOR HIM TO COME THREW am at the point if he dont come threw this week am gonna put him on blast so everyone could know what kind of a guy he is ive been waiting patiently for like 3 months always hitting him up that just aint right

Wow 3 month and hasn't had the curiosity to give you a call or text back ouch man. IMO I wouldn't deal with him no more at all just give me bad rating every week till he's percent from 100 goes down to 0 percent

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
i say put the perp on blast F it man someone will see it and word will get around. why wait til it happens to the next man? most of us work hard for what we have. they should have a better business bureau here on MR lol one would think the reefer ratings would mean something

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i been thinking of putting the 2 a hole on blast but i am going to be civil what done is done i know from now on tho i will put all bad deal/flaker ect on blast sorry its keep some u now none hobbest in check this way

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Bro u got a 100% reefer rating for a reason. U sound like good peeps. Bring homeboys reefer rating down if u not gonna put him on blast. I don't mess with people who have less than 100% and if u have 100% I still investigate u lol by asking around or reading ur threads.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
i been thinking of putting the 2 a hole on blast but i am going to be civil what done is done i know from now on tho i will put all bad deal/flaker ect on blast sorry its keep some u now none hobbest in check this way
Dont do this dubs. Every time somone does the mods close the thread by saying "use the reefer rating system"
You may have gotten treated poorly by someone. But think about all the times you dealt with people who were really good to you. I'm sure it out weighs the bad. I know it does for me.
I say blast this person with a bad reefer rating once a week.

AnthonyAce

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Bro u got a 100% reefer rating for a reason. U sound like good peeps. Bring homeboys reefer rating down if u not gonna put him on blast. I don't mess with people who have less than 100% and if u have 100% I still investigate u lol by asking around or reading ur threads.

The reefer rating is very subjective and anyone can write whatever they want. For example I had given someone a nuetral rating because of how he handled the situation and whatnot. Anyway out of spite he turned around and gave me a negative rating on a rbta trade. Never heard from him since the trade but after I gave him a neutral rating he inturn gave me a negative out of spite because I spoke the truth. Anyway I gave him a nuetral rating to be fair than he gave me a negative rating unjustly. So the reefer rating is subjective.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
How about just chockin it up to you now know 2 people you won't deal with anymore and moving on.

Nobody will like everybody they meet or deal with. We all lose livestock whether you buy it from a LFS or another member. It's part of the hobby, if you feel they got over on you and were TRYING to get over on you, you know they're not good people.

Put them on your "I will never deal with these people" list and call it a day. Lifes to short to argue and be pissed over a bad experience or 2 in a hobby.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
its hard to give a bad reefer rating for livestock that dies. i bought a frag a couple of months back and it died in 3 days but i cant say it was on him. maybe it didnt like my water or maybe it was unhealthy when i bought it who knows. if the guy was a total D then i can see leaving a bad rating. livestock is funny. i had bought fish from a lfs that died quickly and i bought fish from that same store that has been with me for years so im not going to stop shopping there because 1 or 2 fish didnt do well

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
likei said i going to let it go but from now on if this go on like this will for sure put the person on blast and as far as not liking my water ect that bs i put in two tands the same day one 4 pm and one at 6 the one came from maximum reef the smaller one 2.5 inhes and and is still alive the one i put at 6pm 4" died by the time when i got up the next morrning 6 am and the bad part is it died in the back of my tank were i could not get it out with out taking my tank apart that the thing that piss me off but like i said ill let its slide but from now ill just put up a thraed on the bad apples

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: