JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well, here it goes, I added 2 firefish tonight- 1 orange 1 purple, the new sumps up and running and everything seems to be doing well. So far the rebirth is a success, lets hope it stays that way. Here are some pics from an actual good camera of the system, hope you guys like em and hopefully there will be plenty more to follow with lots of new creatures in there. Still have to do the whole neatening of the wiring thing, have to get my skimmer and carbon/gfo reactor going again and take care of some cyano I have left but that will have to wait till sunday morning, then everything will be good to go.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0556-1.jpg

DSC_0557-2.jpg

And the 2 little guys I added tonight:

DSC_0562-1.jpg

DSC_0557-3.jpg

Thats it for the redundant photos of near nothing for now lol. Not sure how crazy I am about the new aquascaping, we'll see maybe it'll grow on me.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
hey jimmi....what's with the emperor hob filter hanging on the display?!?!?!

Tom I had ran out the night the sump went south on me and bought that to get me through until I got the new sump, just hadn't taken it out before I took the pics. It's no longer on the tank.

Nice pile of rocks jimbo..what kind of skimmer are you running is that a berlin?

Nah It's a Bermuda 3C. I have to build a platform or buy a decorative box or something thats 9 inches tall to plumb it out of sump and let the outlet tee clear the wall of the sump. Thanks for the compliment on the pile..........I think lol

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
That was the 1st skimmer I was going to buy. I was bidding on ebay years ago and lost at the last minute I was so pissed. I still want to get one eventually. They aren't easy to find used though.

Thats true. I've never seen one used, was at country critters for the sump and stand and they had a new one on the floor, that was the first I've seen new in stock somewhere also.

I love the thing, works great.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Jimmy, the "rock pile" looks good to me.;) Lots of nooks & crannies for the fishies to swim in, and out of.:) Don't let that mean old Trigger tell you other wise.lol

Love the new fish! Now do you have a cover on the tank? They are jumpers you know.:(

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Jimmy, the "rock pile" looks good to me.;) Lots of nooks & crannies for the fishies to swim in, and out of.:) Don't let that mean old Trigger tell you other wise.lol

Love the new fish! Now do you have a cover on the tank? They are jumpers you know.:(

Nah no cover, I had great luck with my last pair not jumping. I had unfortunately lost them and my radiant wrasse. I had a spurt of death due to my negligence:irked:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0

hahahaha! I like his pile of rocks, exactly like you said nooks and crannies for fish to swim in and out of..it just needs some fish to do that..maybe a couple corals so it doesn't just look like "A pile of rocks" lol.

Jimmy I'm trying to sell off some of my stuff to fund my move if you want some life in your tank hit me up buddy. Tonight would be great before I move my tank tomorrow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: