Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Rick, thanks for referring me to AL, great owner and Beautiful store. I was there today, and both another Bellus Angel...female. Hoping this bellus will pair up and one of them will change sex to male...LOL Also picked up a yellow tang! I don't think anyone can beat his price! Highly recommend, its worth the drive.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but since all star is closed i figured id bump it up. Al was a really good guy, and his store was what inspired me to get back into reef keeping. Now that hes gone my options have been severely limited. It was so nice being able to run ten minutes up the street and grab snails or food or w/e. Now i am forced to drive 40 min or more to either jaws or fishtopia neither of which i like as much as Al's. Fishtopia is normally the store i choose now, purely because of their dry good selection, the guys there are kinda elitist (or something I cant really put my finger on it but they make me feel uneasy in the store, and that doesnt make me want to spend money). On the other hand the guys from jaws are pretty cool the livestock selection and prices are decent, but they have a pretty bad selection of dry goods. I always found All Star to be a happy medium; decent selection and prices, and Al was always happy to talk shop. He will be missed...

exoticar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 70%
7   3   0
Once you get to know jessie and danny at fishtopia, they are cool. always straight up guys. the livestock there is hit and miss, but if u call, they give u a quick rundown of their inventory, or lack of. the last time i spoke with Al, he was keeping his service accts, and was gonna do a small scale out of somewhere. give him a call. i know what you mean about not going on a road trip. i live 10 min from fishtopia, and i really am not big on online ordering, i like to pay and take.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: