jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I will try and post pics of the RO build, and a new schematic when I get it put together, it will have everything but the kitchen sink, haha, actually it will have the kitchen sink as well, sorry lame joke.
Dean's right about Bryan, he's super helpful and very into making sure you get the most out of your RO system.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Plumbing question

I got the RO booster pump today.
what hardware do I hook it up with.
it has 1/4 john guest fittings and my canisters have the
screw in 3/8" fittings, how do I make them fit?
I'm hoping home depot has the part, if I have to order something else I'm going to be pissed.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jhale said:
I got the RO booster pump today.
what hardware do I hook it up with.
it has 1/4 john guest fittings and my canisters have the
screw in 3/8" fittings, how do I make them fit?
I'm hoping home depot has the part, if I have to order something else I'm going to be pissed.
hers some pic on how i hooked mine up ,very easy ,
1st pic ,,3/8 female tee ,with a 1/4 inch (for ro/di) 3/8 back to sink water ,
2cd pic .red line from tee to pump ,other red line to ro /di
3rd pic , ro/di .white line go out for ro /di water ,and yellow hooked up directly to my waste pipes under my sink (4th pic)
hope it helps

Attachments

• Picture 212.jpg
    Picture 212.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 213.jpg
    Picture 213.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 214.jpg
    Picture 214.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 215.jpg
    Picture 215.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
maxpower2112 said:
i ordered the same unit Dean did and spoke to Bryan many times. Real good guy.

PS how is your unit working Dean, im loving mine so far? he sent me a couple of free sediment filters bec it took a while to get me my order!

Don

Don, my unit is doing great! Zero TDS is all I care about. I'm glad my referral went well for you.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
hers some pic on how i hooked mine up ,very easy ,
1st pic ,,3/8 female tee ,with a 1/4 inch (for ro/di) 3/8 back to sink water ,
2cd pic .red line from tee to pump ,other red line to ro /di
3rd pic , ro/di .white line go out for ro /di water ,and yellow hooked up directly to my waste pipes under my sink (4th pic)
hope it helps

thanks for the pics.
in my pumps directions it says the pump has to come after a sediment filter to protect the pump. I just have to install it between the canisters.

and in your forth picture why is your drain pipe wrapped in tinfoil?

J

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
jhale said:
thanks for the pics.
in my pumps directions it says the pump has to come after a sediment filter to protect the pump. I just have to install it between the canisters.

and in your forth picture why is your drain pipe wrapped in tinfoil?

J
i didnt do that ,,it was there when i moved in ,,the pipes are new ,so my guess is that the other person living here thought it looks good ,i just left it there ,cuz im lazy ,,lol

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jhale said:
I thought it was a special plumber trick ;)
na no tricks on my end ,,just an honest guy and plumber ,,but if i do have any tricks for plumbing ,i will post them ,,lol,,
one good tricks is not breaking anything ,so you dont have to call me :knockedou

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this is more like it, I'm getting 3.5 gallons/hour from my RO/DI now, that's a whole lot better than the 1 gallon / 3 hours I used to get :rolleyes:

I did not take any pics of putting the ro back together, but I'll take some tomorrow.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
flood avoided

:bigeyes2:
see if you can guess where this is going.
the booster pump vibrates quite a bit.
it's sitting on it's side on four large built in feet with pads.
when I set it up I noticed the 1/4" ro tubing that connects it to the canisters were vibrating heavily, I wondered what the long term effect would be.
a little while ago I took a look under the sink and noticed a white powder,
I tried wiping it away, but it would not disappear like a powder would, then I wondered what it was, a few seconds later I realized the ro tube had been rubbing against the sink drain pipe and had worn through half the tube!
the powder was plastic shavings. another few hours and it would have been all over. I shut everything off and will deal with it in the morning

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
345   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
That sucks John....atleast you got away from the flood at this hour in the night..
yup that good you looked under your sink ,,you wouldnt want a 1/4 flexable pipe with 80lbs of water spraying in your face oouch!! ,not to mention the water all over the place ,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: