Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I just did a search and there are lots of complaints about the pump and the customer service. But what i read is you adjust the pressure with the bypass valve in the middle. You open or close till you get the pressure you want, not sure i have plenty pressure in my house so i dont have one. Someone here has to have one. Try the bypass valve.

What's the "bypass valve"? Sorry, I really do not know.:eek:

And I have a pounding headache from this stupid cold hubby handed down to me.:sick:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
OK, tried the by pass valve, and the hex key. NOTHING

No choice but to wait on AWI.:irked:

On another note I did order new prefilters from BRS. Lets see when they'll get here, and if I can get some water made so I can start making water.

My tank is now getting hit with cyano.:( Only 1 water change since dear Irene.........

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
So I bypassed the switch, and the pump stayed on. Now I know what the problem is, but still can't do anything about it until AWI decides to get back to me.argggg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Got to take my words back.:redface:

AWI got back to me today!!! They had a bad storm down in their neck of the woods that knocked out their internet service Thursday evening. Once the internet went down their phone line went down because it is connected to their internet.

In any case the defective parts have already been shipped via UPS.;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
any update?

Waiting on UPS for the AWI delivery.;) Don't expect it till after 4PM.

On the other hand I did receive my BRS delivery a day early.;) I'm about to go change three of the prefilters, and start making water so that when the shut off valves arrives, and I install them I can compare the flow.;)

Stay tuned for further updates.:meow:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
AWI parts arrived, I installed them, and it is still no go!!!:(

I called AWI, and Marissa picked up the phone like on the second ring. After a brief discussion she informed me that because my house PSI is 48 the pump is not reading the need to increase the pressure. Apparently I purchased the pump for no reason.

Therefor I have to choices:
1. Return the pump for a refund.
2. Sell the pump to someone else that can use it.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
that really sucked they should add that to there desc to the product....

It actually says the opposite on their site. See below, and please tell me if I truly misunderstood it.

City and well water pressure can range from 30 PSI to 55 PSI .... The ideal water pressure for an RO system is between 65 to 75 PSI and thus inceasing by increasing your psi up to this level the more efficient the RO system will be .... So Super Charge your reefkeeping system.... Drive the output quantity and water quality too new heights....

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
65-75 PSI is ideal but with their description you posted it does sound like the pump would have helped if you are at 48 PSI out of the faucet. If the pump has a "smart boost" like feature on it they should have posted some information about it. It sounds like either the website is deficient or Marissa might not have the correct info. Does AWI manufacture the pump or is there another company's info on it that you can call?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
48 PSI is out of a faucet that is right above the main coming in to the house.;)

I put the pressure gauge that comes with the pump after the pump just before the ro/di collection drum. There the PSI is 42 tops.

I sent Nick & Cliff an email earlier.;) Waiting to hear back from them, just in case Marissa is wrong.;)

Check what I just saw on the very same page:
"*We do not like to add the Booster Pump on to household pressure exceeding 40 psi**"
I did not see this there before.... How the h_ _l did I miss it? Hubby thinks they just throw that up in response to my phone call. But I find that hard to believe.
But it is contradictory to the previous paragraph.:(

I don't believe they make the pump. I just found the pump on another website "Organic Filter Co., LTD.

Someone else suggested I get rid of the shutoff valve, and use it without that. But I'm not so sure I should do that.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just sharing the excellent customer service at AWI.;) Below I am copying the email I received from Marissa.
Awilda,

You did not read the details incorrectly. Optimal pressure is 65psi and
temperature at 77 degrees to achieve the full gallon per day rating and
rejection from your membrane.
I do apologize that the information was not clear on what your incoming
pressure should be. I will be rectifying that momentarily.

Could I make the situation better by e-mailing a return label for the pump?
I don't like our customer's to be upset or not satisfied with our products

Woohoo, I am not lousing my mind, or my eyesight.LOL Marissa did correct the info on their web site.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: