Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I most ask this question. I don't quaratine because i don't have the space and i think a quaratine tank should be BIG enough to make the fish feel at home and as comfortable as possible. If i had the space i would setup a 33 gal quaratine tank because i know SOME Lfs's don't. If they quaratined their fish some of us probably couldn't afford them. I myself have lost fish and some because i didn't quaratine and i strongly suggest that you do but how many of you actually quaratine? Be honest, post Yes you do quarantine or No you don't. I don't want to see 75 views and 2 post either...
ssc_2285.jpg

Less than 12 hours in my tank noticed this fish had a bad case of Brooklynalla 24 hours later the other fish started to show signs of illness.
The seller was kind enough to take it back but my other fish was already affected...Lesson learned..

Last edited by a moderator:

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
yes I qt I have a 40 breeder i keep up for a frag tank and also to observe new things and see if the need more treatment or can move into the reef system.

2 time I have not followed my own rules and both times it has cost me. I qt 1 zoa polyp.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Honestly, I never have...but with the new build I will most definitely be QT'ing everything...even the kid's when they walk up to look at the tank...lol. Seriously though...I don't want to have to deal with any of that b.s. so I will be doing it properly.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
nope , i just look at the fish in the shop for a long time and if hes eating swimming good and looks happy , into the bucket for a 1 hr acclimation and then ..........................release the hounds!!
Yeah i use to do the same but not all parasites show up on radar right away.This parasite or whatever burrow itself into or out of the side of my anthias. This was the sec. time buying anthias from this place and this happened but i never bothered to investigate. The fish was looking healthy, swimming and eating well until day two. The fish had ruffled scales. I said no, not again. Day 5 anthias dead, i discoverd a small hole on the side of the fish where the ruffled scales were.
nikon_d80_001.jpg

nikon_d80_002.jpg

Luckily whatever it was it didn't spread through out my tank this time...

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: