AI SOLS
4570dcab-4700-15ae.jpg
4570dcab-470b-a0bd.jpg
4570dcab-4722-ef3c.jpg
4570dcab-4750-15f4.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I haven't read the entire thread because it is very long but I read most of it. First off I'd like to say I'm pro LED. What I have been noticing is that Everyone is jumping to conclusions very quickly (1-6 months). You need to give it time before you judge LEDs. I do agree that some colors don't pop as much as t-5 but can be adjusted by adding different colors such as natural white and cyan, red, green, and violet. My current fixture has a 50/50 mix of cool white and royal blue. I have to say that nothing browned out from the lights. Only once and it was because of high PO4 levels. When that was corrected I added some more coral and I experience faster growth and better color than I have ever in my time using mh or t-5. As some of you make know I am upgrading to a 450 this weekend and I will be putting my LEDs on and leaving 4 VHO just to try the mix and see how it looks. I saw some of you discussing some sort of experiment. If it does go on after I get my new tank set up and ready I would love to be a part of it as well.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I haven't read the entire thread because it is very long but I read most of it. First off I'd like to say I'm pro LED. What I have been noticing is that Everyone is jumping to conclusions very quickly (1-6 months). You need to give it time before you judge LEDs. I do agree that some colors don't pop as much as t-5 but can be adjusted by adding different colors such as natural white and cyan, red, green, and violet. My current fixture has a 50/50 mix of cool white and royal blue. I have to say that nothing browned out from the lights. Only once and it was because of high PO4 levels. When that was corrected I added some more coral and I experience faster growth and better color than I have ever in my time using mh or t-5. As some of you make know I am upgrading to a 450 this weekend and I will be putting my LEDs on and leaving 4 VHO just to try the mix and see how it looks. I saw some of you discussing some sort of experiment. If it does go on after I get my new tank set up and ready I would love to be a part of it as well.
thats what i was saying.thats why i asked for people with 6 months or more to give there feedback.jerl and i are going to start the "scientific" experiment in 2 weeks LOL

bigcapct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
what kind of LEDs bigcap. i have no problems AT ALL with growing SPS. everything stays alive and do very well. i havent bleached any SPS out yet. i also just put 2 frags high in my tank before adjusting them to the light 2 weeks ago and they are fine and matter of fact my fire ice already encrusted in the 2 weeks

Well I ordered some and seems like they aren't going to ship now so I'm looking into a Evo for my 26x26x17deep frag tank what ya think. Good LEDs?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Oh 2 weeks lol definitely won't be ready by then but if it goes well and you do further experimentation in the future I'd love to do it too.

Don't be mistakened. This is not an experiment at all. They are just starting a GAME so that George Boobs :shocked1: may become the avatar of Duke and "LED Owns Me" may stick Jerl's signature.:shhh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: