James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
This is depressing. I hope your corals pull through. You are (sadly) not alone. I have 2 cases of RTN right now. Hoping it will not spread. It started on a colony of Tricolor from Sanjay and spread to my prized pink lemonade colony. Had to chop both up today :(
Funny little irony is I just bought a large order of nice sps frags to restock some stuff I lost in my move and noticed the RTN as I got home with my box of corals. :( I think the most horirble thing about RTN is I have no clue what caused it. I didn't touch anything in my tank and things were going fine since the move. I only added some chaeto in that time and I highly doubt it was that. I did up my dosing of Alk and Cal though... :(

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
well the past 4 days things seem to be stabilizing a bit. No new STN on remaining corals but the couple that are really stressed and far into the stn are still going but i havent noticed any new cases and my bonsai that showed little STN has stopped

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Counted my chickens to fast. being way to hopeful. Woke up today with a fully dead red robin stag my joe the coral which is a big colony that i cut the base off last week has begun STNing again and my bonsai colony has begun to STN again. Nothing has worked that i tried and im out of hope :(

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This my be a long shot but im thinking DOCs. Dissolved organic compounds built up in your rock and sand and are now leaching into what used to be a low nutrient system. Its shocking your SPS and its STNing. Im thinking the build up happen because you never moved your rock and sand. What makes it leech, i have no clue. They typically call this "old tank syndrome "
Again, its a long shot but maybe something to think about

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Pratt i got a new bottle of solution about a month ago maybe 6 weeks. My old calibration solution was wrong and was of by .06. so when i thought my salinity was at 1.025 it was really 1.019

I think that is the root of your problem. 1.019 is really VERY low for Acropora. Even though you corrected it weeks ago, the stress may still be rearing its ugly head. There is no way to know for sure, but stressed corals are more susceptible to a whole host of issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: