Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
How big were the corals that you held onto for you friend? Were they on rocks? I ask about the rocks and sand because it seems like toxins. If you have never disturbed anything during the 3 years its been set up, I'm guessing things were (at least slightly) moved around during the process of removing almost every coral to dip, releasing some toxins. Is your sandbed clumpy at all?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Pratt i got a new bottle of solution about a month ago maybe 6 weeks. My old calibration solution was wrong and was of by .06. so when i thought my salinity was at 1.025 it was really 1.019

or is the new solution off by .06? :scratchch:shocked1:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
sounds like some type of bacteria was introduced from your friends corals...they usually cycle there way out with water and carbon changes by keeping good water quality, but yours for some reason isn't. I PMed you a link for the bacterial med you are looking at, don't know how effective it is in saltwater or side effects, but at this point your losing not just your SPS, but all corals....keep an eye on the fish for any stress.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I still feel your pain Duke
I would break tank down and start over like if a upgrade and i can hold any coral for you or due 100% water change right off the back

I had same issue a year ago but it solved it self but I wish I did one of above because cost me more $$$$$$ then if I was to lost power
Has anyone else checked your Alk ?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Every SPS is going now. Lost around 30 corals and the rest have days left. Game over. No matter what i did fragging,changing abundance of water,new RO/DI, stopping my dosing,fixing cal reactor, changing carbon every week and getting a harlequin shrimp nothing worked :(

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Well all my acros are dead. 5 days ago i took them out of the DT and QT them like many suggested and within the first 4 days they all RTNed and died in QT. Never doing bthat again. I used the same water from the DT kept the temps the same and the Alk and Calcium the same but being in a 20 gallon i guessed stressed them out. I will try again in May and start up my collection again :(

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
No not taking the trank down but not adding any new corals till middle of may early june. Thanks for the kind gesture for the frags but not ready just yet :) I want to try and get all the corals i lost as well. Maybe a upgrade when i have the money to do so :)

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
No not taking the trank down but not adding any new corals till middle of may early june. Thanks for the kind gesture for the frags but not ready just yet :) I want to try and get all the corals i lost as well. Maybe a upgrade when i have the money to do so :)

So sorry to read you lost them all Duke, if you go sps again I would do a quick break down with all new water with sand and try over. I know you can't wait months for the sps love you have.... I had the same issue you had and still no answer to this day. The one thing that sucked was all the money trying to keep it going for 1-2 sps frags i fraged and if I just broke down quick and changed some things Around the cost would of been so much cheaper. Keep us all posted on the next step. I also would buy the LIRA cheap frags this Friday to see if they live to rule out bacteria infection. Maybe I buy you some if you say no just to see..LOL

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Thanks Jarrett but staying away from the collecting for now. I wont be going to LIRA for awhile till i get going again. Right now im losing interest but not breaking down. I want to keep my fish healthy till im ready to restock but not going to be as involved as i was till i get things rolling again

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Oh man, I had been following this tank for a while, and couldn't believe reading that you had lost your whole collection (sorry to add salt to the wound), but you'll bounce back better than ever before. Plus you have a community and friends that will get you back to where you were in no time at all.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: