MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
picture this u dont feel good but u dont know whats wrong so you take all kinds of medication and treatment what will the end result be?

sorry duke IMO i think you have done enough you and the corals are all stress just let it b.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
yeah im done with it all. going to do my normal water changes like usual and stop with the fragging because its not working. That why i was asking should i at least try the eurithamycin just to give that a try and see what happens? It does treat bacteria infection in fish and gets rid of cyano

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
With all the issues it was a good fight but there comes a point when you need to realize ya lost. A fresh start. Take what you've learned and do it again. As far as antibiotics MBG has a good point. You don't know what the problem is so what do you treat it with? This too is also a crapshoot. It happens a lot.
In our haste to win the fight and save our setups we sometimes over compensate. The pieces were stressed. You added more stress trying to help. Like I said, you tried. Whisper "and get rid of those dam LEDs lol"

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
hey James you did what you could brotha, chalk it up as a learning experience, we've all been through some tough losses in this amazing hobby but as long as you still love it you just keep on reefing and don't look back.

maybe time to start collecting zoas and chalices ;)

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I been reading this post and man a lot of bad info here.... One are you carbon dosing???? . What are your parameters. With you dosing all the stuff it most likely your rocks absorbed all of it and made it all toxic. If this is the case there's nothing you can do to fix. You will have to dump the rock and sand and start over. That's if your rocks and sand absorbed all that antibiotics you put in that tank...

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Wow I been reading this post and man a lot of bad info here.... One are you carbon dosing???? . What are your parameters. With you dosing all the stuff it most likely your rocks absorbed all of it and made it all toxic. If this is the case there's nothing you can do to fix. You will have to dump the rock and sand and start over. That's if your rocks and sand absorbed all that antibiotics you put in that tank...

What specifically is the "bad advice" given here and what stuff has he been dosing that made his rock "toxic" ? I don''t see where anything was dosed or anti-biotics used, just the question being raised ---answered mostly with the sentiment that it was a bad idea.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0

What are you talking about? I didnt dose any antibiotics? I do believe i know who this is though and you can stop with the stalking here and R2R.

peteyboyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Really? ^^^Is this serious?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
James, my heart goes out to you! I wish you all the best, and I am hoping that as mysteriously as your reef took a bad turn it will turn the corner, and come back better then ever...... Sometimes we just don't have the answers.:hug:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
The one coral thats hitting me the hardest is my Karls candlelight. I have a small frag that i cut a couple months ago that hanging in but my whole colony is going.the whole underside is white but the top is still colorful but its only a matter of time :(

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
jerl i have dipped 60% of my corals since this happened and no worms at all. i even left excess cut corals in a dip bowl over night and no worms. i have been through the worm thing before and i know the signs. nothing like it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: