BKNYx43

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So, I donate $20 a couple days ago... and I am SEVERELY disappointed. First of all, I can't even sign on this website for about 4 hours today. What gives? What the hell is going on? I'm almost thinking about making my own WTB / FOR SALE website for Reef related things.

Secondly, I'm not given a response as to why I don't have a Donor badge. Are these moderators working? Seriously.... W T F!

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Dude! Give it time. The mods all have lives, and they work real jobs. Just bc you have nothing better to do doesn't mean they don't. Did you think your $20 would instantly fix the server issues?

Last edited:

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
So, I donate $20 a couple days ago... and I am SEVERELY disappointed. First of all, I can't even sign on this website for about 4 hours today. What gives? What the hell is going on? I'm almost thinking about making my own WTB / FOR SALE website for Reef related things.

Secondly, I'm not given a response as to why I don't have a Donor badge. Are these moderators working? Seriously.... W T F!

i was reading a thread a couple of months ago, they needed a new server so i donated, then realized the thread was 4 yrs old. but I'm still glad i donated. just hope it improves. i think you have to do something with settings to get donor badge, i didn't get it either.

BKNYx43

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Dude! Give it time. The mods all have lives, and they work real jobs. Just bc you have nothing better to do doesn't mean they don't. Did you think your $20 would instantly fix the server issues?

No, but the Vendors pay $300+ to have them as vendors and not the mention the advertisements that companies pay to get their products across. Obviously this isn't a free site..maybe free to us... but there are people and companies that are paying to have this site running so that they can be more exposed... u think of that?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
No, but the Vendors pay $300+ to have them as vendors and not the mention the advertisements that companies pay to get their products across. Obviously this isn't a free site..maybe free to us... but there are people and companies that are paying to have this site running so that they can be more exposed... u think of that?

Well thank goodness you are here to speak for them bc they cant do it themselves.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0

Did you see what was posted?

Site slowness is a new problem, I'm looking into it. Please bear with us.

BKNYx43

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Did I judge you Rookie07? Have I attacked you personally? All I'm stating is a problem that has been frequently occurring as of late. And all I hear are excuses from you. I have not attacked you, yet you make disparaging comments to me.. why?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0

The site was down today because they are trying to find a fix for the issue.

No idea who you asked about your donor badge issues. The priority right now is on repairs to the site.

The Mods don't issue the donor badges. It should ba an automatic function after a donation is made. Perhaps you should first check in your user control panel to see if you have the correct setting for allowing icons to appear. That is most often the issue with this matter.
If you continue having an issue please send an email to the address below so it can be addressed as time allows.
[email protected]

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Did I judge you Rookie07? Have I attacked you personally? All I'm stating is a problem that has been frequently occurring as of late. And all I hear are excuses from you. I have not attacked you, yet you make disparaging comments to me.. why?

I am not trying to attack you. I am sorry for saying things that were rude/mean.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
We will be migrating to a new server in the next two days.

Josh, it's a resource issue but not an IIS issue? I would be looking to migrate to apache, man. IIS is just bad news all around.

Ever look into AWS and setting up EC2 instances to dynamically scale and handle the load? Or are you more a rackspace 'set up and forget it' type?

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
>smh<

always gotta be matt to point out iis issues... :lol2:

linux-fish.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
We're on EC2, we're just tuning a bunch of stuff. Dynamic scaling is not as straightforward as you think with our server config.

Nice, I do that stuff for a living. If you want a second, forth, or whatever set of eyes on it, id be happy to assist.

You run IIS then backend to high I/O RDS?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: