Waste of time and money

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I have been working on this build non stop for the past 4 days. My glassholes kit arrived this morning and I was psyched to get it in.

Anyway this is the end result
Don't drill tempered glass. I even used polarized sun glasses and didnt see any lines in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363207103.589399.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363207139.273283.jpg

I'm so pissed off I don't even wanna go outside and clean up the mess.

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Yea no kidding everyone said it wasn't tempered and the website too. I even did a test of my own to look and didnt see any black lines in the glass.

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I have spent hours on this build and now have a 700 gph glassholes kit, a sump that I drove an hour and a half to get and a stand that I just made yesterday.

edd

Rating - 100%
96   0   0
you can change the one panel with regular glass, its kinda cheap. drill it before you install it. give a few days to calm down.

CoralReefer

SPS Junkie
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
I thought about it but when it shattered it probably scratched the hell out of the front glass. Not to mention how much more I will scratch it trying to get all the pieces out.

xxxAngeloxxx

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Why were you drilling the back for? From the picture it looks like it was drilled already on the bottom? I have drilled a 10G from behind and no cracks either. When you drill a tank it's good to starting it from a small angle so when you press down on the glass gently your glass will be much easier to drill of course while adding water from preventing the bit to dry off.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I would beat the rest of it with a baseball bat and then get a new tank. Sorry this happened. I cracked my custom 120 years ago.

bizzarro

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you get money from the company? How can something like that be mislabeled or use of different glass w/o putting a sticker on it like other tank companies do.

Featured Sponsors