Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Call the company , in the meantime , have some blue label and relax , we all start our pro stage of reefing by addressing some sort I catastrophe !!! Don't give up and pace yourself

Thanks for the advice man, and are you supplying the blue label? I gotta buy a new tank. :) I wish I just bit the bullet and bought a 48 x 24 x 24 reef savvy. Now I'm gonna pay for it and be stuck with a classcages piece of sheit to fit my stand.
Calling deep blue professional is like calling up your ex girl you cheated on. No number listed I sent them an email but they aren't gonna give two ducks. I'm the third owner of this tank even though it was mint.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry about what happened with the tank..that small print part really stinks :(

IF you do go the route of replacing the pane, the glass that broke wouldn't have scratched the front glass as tempered glass isn't sharp around the edges, which is the point (no pun intended) of it. When my Forever (not!) storm door broke (was tempered), I went as far as to pick up some of the glass and gently squeezed it in my hand..no cuts.

..and that lady is very pretty, at least something got you smiling :)

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Sorry about what happened with the tank..that small print part really stinks :(

IF you do go the route of replacing the pane, the glass that broke wouldn't have scratched the front glass as tempered glass isn't sharp around the edges, which is the point (no pun intended) of it. When my Forever (not!) storm door broke (was tempered), I went as far as to pick up some of the glass and gently squeezed it in my hand..no cuts.

..and that lady is very pretty, at least something got you smiling :)

That is good to know even though one of the pieces cut me after the whole ordeal to top it off. I looked quickly for scratches but I couldn't look at it any longer it just got me furious. The tank is spending the night outside in time out and I will examine it for scratches in the morning. If it isn't too bad I'm gonna bring it to a local glass shop and have them put on a new piece of glass. I am worried about the plastic trim on the bottom though they might not want to touch it.

midtownman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks for the advice man, and are you supplying the blue label? I gotta buy a new tank. :) I wish I just bit the bullet and bought a 48 x 24 x 24 reef savvy. Now I'm gonna pay for it and be stuck with a classcages piece of sheit to fit my stand.
Calling deep blue professional is like calling up your ex girl you cheated on. No number listed I sent them an email but they aren't gonna give two ducks. I'm the third owner of this tank even though it was mint.
this really sucks because i was the original owner of the tank i brought it when i was in jersey then i got stationed(army) down & ga. then i set it up was cycled then came back up to n.y & decided to get a 90. the really sad thing was this tank never had a fish or coral in it :(. the back glass had a temper sticker on it but i was sure if it was supposed to be there bacause it was crooked,nor did i care because i wasnt plan on drilling it.sorry about the tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
this really sucks because i was the original owner of the tank i brought it when i was in jersey then i got stationed(army) down & ga. then i set it up was cycled then came back up to n.y & decided to get a 90. the really sad thing was this tank never had a fish or coral in it :(. the back glass had a temper sticker on it but i was sure if it was supposed to be there bacause it was crooked,nor did i care because i wasnt plan on drilling it.sorry about the tank.

Thanks yea Hectdr told me you just had rock in it. It was gonna be one nice tank it is really a shame.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Honestly I have had terrible luck in this hobby in the past year. First my purple tang got sucked to the side of my mp40 while he was picking algae off the glass right next to it with its fins extended. Then my mystery wrasse and my clam killed each other and now this.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

Don't think that will get you far...sorry. Here was the rest of the fine print..

Please be advised that this is for informational purposes only, and that the user who attempts to modify a Deep Blue tank does so at one?s own risk.
User modifications to a DB tank will void the warranty.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
Don't think that will get you far...sorry. Here was the rest of the fine print..

Please be advised that this is for informational purposes only, and that the user who attempts to modify a Deep Blue tank does so at one?s own risk.
User modifications to a DB tank will void the warranty.

Yea I read all of that before I drilled that's why I was so nervous to trust them and it was for a good reason. When it comes to customer service and quality you get what you pay for. Royal Is the owner of deep blue and I expect them to not care at all.

Rating - 95.9%
70   3   0
There sure was but there were also stickers on the sides and I knew for sure that those were tempered so that's why I just didn't think much of the sticker on the back. bc the chart on their website and multiple threads I have seen the same tank has been drilled. On top of all of that I used both 3d glasses and polarized sunglasses and I didn't see any black lines in it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: