LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If Jer made me choose between him and the tank, I would choose Jer. Not because I don't enjoy my tank, but because it took me a long time to find someone that I wanted to share my life with. I could probably find another hobby a lot easier than I could find a new boyfriend. :inlove:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I am addicted to the smell of acros. Seriously for the past 10 years I can remember fragging acros with friends and that nostalgic smell makes me feel like a kid at a toy store. You can't put a price on that

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I am lucky my wife actually got me into the hobby, and when we were looking for the house we just bought our realtor was a reef friend so every house we looked at started with "Ok so where would the tank go?" lol. I guess I lucked out.
I ask every now and then if she is anoyed by how addicted I am to the hobby (I am keeping my apartment an extra month to make the tank move easier,etc) and she says she is just happy to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor as she was never able to keep such an amazing tank before. She even had the gall to tell me that our new 150 gallon tank was too small and we should get a 300 gallon, lol.

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
You lucky ba@#$rd!... Update, I just checked my quicken and I spent a g note last month.. .. Cold turkey for the rest of the year... Salt mix and food only.... oh and maybe some small items (yeah right)

I am lucky my wife actually got me into the hobby, and when we were looking for the house we just bought our realtor was a reef friend so every house we looked at started with "Ok so where would the tank go?" lol. I guess I lucked out.
I ask every now and then if she is anoyed by how addicted I am to the hobby (I am keeping my apartment an extra month to make the tank move easier,etc) and she says she is just happy to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor as she was never able to keep such an amazing tank before. She even had the gall to tell me that our new 150 gallon tank was too small and we should get a 300 gallon, lol.

Last edited:

lunner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
My reef addiction is on going with no sign of quitting. :eek:

I find 2 things in reefing that could cause conflict in your relationship. And that is Time and Money. So I usually do my weekly water change / maintenance on Sunday morning while she is still sleeping and set a monthly reef budget.

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
Yes I agree this hobby is very addicting ang very expensive......I am one of the lucky ones my wife absolutely loves my fish tank she even feeds my fish and help me do my water change and tests. I left the hobby about 2 years ago and came back because of her. Without saying a thing she bought me a fish tank with the whole setup! Tank stand,canopy, light,sump,skimmer, live rock, calcium reactor the whole thing. I was so surprised when she told me she got me a fish tank. Even now she's pregnant and due anytime now she still reminds me that it's time to feed the fishes and test for all water parameters. The only thing she wants me to get rid of is my sportbike!lol!

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
reefer madness. Once you start you can't get enough. I have been doing this for almost 20 years and every time I try to stop it keeps pulling me back. Started with a 150 down to a 90 then to a 40 breeder. Last year decided to get back in started a 65 and now just bought a 120. I have to stop at 120 anything larger and I think my wife will kill me and use it for my coffin. You all know the drill "but honey the corals are outgrowing the tank" and when you get the bigger tank "its don' t you think we need one more thing in that spot". It's a crazy hobby but look at all we learn doing it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: