Status
Not open for further replies.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Very well put.

Sometimes it is tough to see the same questions asked over and over again, but that doesn't mean that you have to post a negative/rude response. It was a question posted for anyone who would like to post their answer to said question,not a reason to post a negative comment. simply because you have the answer and the questioner does not, is not a reason to give that person attitude. On many occasions I have posted my opinion in addition to a link to another thread with further information in hopes that this will help. Each question has many answers, and each answer has its own questions. Maybe it's time for some to realize that more people join this hobby every day and are just seeking some mentors for help.

Alex, thank you for your post!!;) I could not have said it any better.............:hug:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
There are plenty of posts that go against opinions of the general public that are left here and replied to in a mature manner, its the posts that are specifically made to cause a problem on the site that are closed or ones that have a conflict between members. There is a right and a wrong way to post an opinion, calling everyone on a site @$$holes isn't one of them.

I NEVER SAID ANYONE WAS AN A$$HOLE ON THIS SITE DID I? PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE?

I SAID THEY ACT

Last edited by a moderator:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
isn't calling people names being childish as well ? would you want to help someone that just called you a a**hole ?

I NEVER CALLED ANYONE AN A$$HOLE... I SAID THEY ACT LIKE EM...

AND YES THIS IS MY OPINION SOME PPL JUST ACT LIKE PLAIN OL A$$HOLES...

Last edited by a moderator:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
great! thanks for clearing that up and taking what i said so literally. secondly, i never agreed with the name-calling and yes there is a mature and respectful way of responding to each other, an option that many seem to not take.

i believe there is no right or wrong to this argument. everyone's opinions seem to be based on their own personal experiences. it's great that your experiences with other members on this site have been positive but personally i have witnessed the lack of action, consideration on behalf of other members and the mods and was always afraid to criticize because i did not want my membership to be suspended....until now. :D

WELL SAID.... I AGREE

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Alex, thank you for your post!!;) I could not have said it any better.............:hug:

I try to remember what my mother told me many years ago,

"If you have nothing nice/productive/insightful/ or answers the question, Then don't say anything at all."

I thank MOM everyday for that one.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
been following this thread - since I was one of the founding members of the site, it always interests me to read what people are saying.

My Mom (rest her soul) always told me, "two wrongs do not a right make"

in this case said first wrong (assuming baseline it WAS a wrong) was your friends getting mistreated.

said second wrong was you posting this thread in direct violation of the site rules.

note there was no third wrong - one you eluded to in your initial post challenging the administration to act on your misuse of the site. instead, what you see is an act of kindness for not immediately deleting your violation, rather a warning in the hopes that something good could come of this query.

I, personally, have always felt it best to step up and assist or help make changes - not sit back and say things should be changed. Look to solve a problem rather than identify it - anyone can find problems, very few care to remedy them.

if any of your friends need assistance, they can always take it offline via PM's - I'll gladly assist them with any questions they have.

House

Last edited:

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
thats exactly what i told them to do.... cause thats what i did when i 1st started.

Yeah, ironicly the reason I quit RC and join here for good was people posting the same questions (lolaptasia! HOWDOIBUILDASUMP? IS THIS GHA?!) on RC made me want to kill myself. There was no more useful information I could read/learn. I dont know how Randy-Holmes didnt quit RC sooner. How many 'WHY IS MY PH LOW?!?!' questions can you seriously answer?

I agree with whoever said lets see some examples of people being rude to your friends. You just need to search their usernames and you can see all of their posts. Please provide the proof so the ban-hammer can be smacked down! :fishhit:

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

Some of the mods here can be rude, they erase post with out any explanation. :splitspin Thats rude if you asked me.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I Totally understand awilda but when a friend of mine post a question and hes either A getting laughed at or B someone post a sarcastic comment that doesnt help the person asking a question or the situation at hand...

i mean dont ppl think im helping someone keep live stock alive..

for ex. im a type 1 diabetic insulin dependent... u think i would laugh at another diabetic asking me a question...

or what if another diabetic doesnt know how to use a syringe and ask if theres air bubbles in the syringe what should i do...

and someone says leave the air just squeeze all the insuline and bubbles into ur body... then that person dies would this be funny????

thats just an example weather it be a question asked 10 million times or not it can be a serious question thats my point.....

if ppl wanna laugh or be sarcastic ... i rather them not post...

I'm not sure what to think or say with this one.

I have been with this forum for many years and sure in the begining I didn't get much help, but the site was fairly new when I joined and did not have many members at the time. But I can say that no one had ever been rude to me.

In the past few years this site has grown by leaps and bounds making it what it is today.
Are there jerks on the site? Yes, but that is what happens when you have so many people in one place. It is called life. I know they're here and I ignore them. But guess what there are alot more on other sites......... Heck, I bet you have some in your own family.lol I know I do.;)
E, if your friends didn't like what they were being told they could have just asked someone else for help, or perhaps even found their answers by doing a little searching.
I my self see the same ? over and over and quite frankly find it tiresome to keep typing the same answer. Take for instance, Help how do I get rid of aiptasias? this particular ? keeps getting asked almost on a daily basis. A little research goes a long way.
As to people here not being helpfull, well I have to DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotten so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh help from the people here that if I lived to be a million years I could never repay their kindness.

There are more WONDERFUL people here then there are bad ones. Please don't let a few rotten apples destroy what is good.......

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I just needed some sort of example so i pulled a word from your comment. It wasn't meant to be thrown at you or take your words out of context. I would have said something along those lines if you posted it or not, sorry if you thought it was about you.

See how the internetz works and how people can get pissed off and things misread? MR is a great place, you just have to filter all the bad apples and posts out. And RC is waaayy worse when it comes to asking and posting, or at least it was when i was on there alot 4 years ago learning. Imo, i think your friends are beeing silly for leaving because of some stupid comments or because they expected something different when asking questions. I would get pissed too and not post, but there is way too much useful info here to not look through all the posts on here without making a presense through threads.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Im very upset with this site too..... I've met so many cool people and gained many new friends...I also learned so much about reefing...:mad: people even have given me things free now that pisses me off the most...the craziest part is people even invite me into their homes for a beer and to just hang out...the nerve of this site :supermad:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Im very upset with this site too..... I've met so many cool people and gained many new friends...I also learned so much about reefing...:mad: people even have given me things free now that pisses me off the most...the craziest part is people even invite me into their homes for a beer and to just hang out...the nerve of this site :supermad:

:lol: :givebeer:

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
The truth is that this board is so lightly moderated that every time an action is taken it seems like the world is coming to an end. Everyday there are numerous things that slide that wouldn't last more than a few seconds on pretty much any other REEF board--- this thread is a perfect example.

sakura51707

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Yeah, ironicly the reason I quit RC and join here for good was people posting the same questions (lolaptasia! HOWDOIBUILDASUMP? IS THIS GHA?!) on RC made me want to kill myself. There was no more useful information I could read/learn. I dont know how Randy-Holmes didnt quit RC sooner. How many 'WHY IS MY PH LOW?!?!' questions can you seriously answer?

I agree with whoever said lets see some examples of people being rude to your friends. You just need to search their usernames and you can see all of their posts. Please provide the proof so the ban-hammer can be smacked down! :fishhit:

i understand that for an experienced veteran reefer such as yourself could find basic questions that you already know the answer to annoying but who cares...in all honesty does it really cost you that much to answer someone who is a beginner a question?!? and if you feel you are above it to answer then why can't you just ignore instead of ridiculing those who stay or those who try to help?!?

i'm sorry but the internet is huge, filled with lots of information, useful ones too. you can't take the initiative and do the research yourself?!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
More constructive to ask someone to interject than take matters into their own hands and do something reactive - most members take the time to correct sarcasms that aren't helpful and would rather not see the person fail.

On the other side of the coin, it has been said a thousand times - also, in deep research and social behavior that people ask before reading - this is not a MR problem, it's pandemic.

once again, reading is fundamental and there is a good way to deliver that message and a bad way. Some of which is "interpreted" and 2 dimensional. I hope your friends realize there is more good here than bad.

House

I Totally understand awilda but when a friend of mine post a question and hes either A getting laughed at or B someone post a sarcastic comment that doesnt help the person asking a question or the situation at hand...

i mean dont ppl think im helping someone keep live stock alive..

for ex. im a type 1 diabetic insulin dependent... u think i would laugh at another diabetic asking me a question...

or what if another diabetic doesnt know how to use a syringe and ask if theres air bubbles in the syringe what should i do...

and someone says leave the air just squeeze all the insuline and bubbles into ur body... then that person dies would this be funny????

thats just an example weather it be a question asked 10 million times or not it can be a serious question thats my point.....

if ppl wanna laugh or be sarcastic ... i rather them not post...

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
i like mY amigos and amiGas here :) it's like schooL... freshman year sucks. by the time you get to be a senioR, everyone knows your name.

giVe it time and stop bitching !

MAN UP !
(unless of couRse u not a man, not that there's anything wRong with that...)

:flower:

woooSaaaa

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i understand that for an experienced veteran reefer such as yourself could find basic questions that you already know the answer to annoying but who cares...in all honesty does it really cost you that much to answer someone who is a beginner a question?!? and if you feel you are above it to answer then why can't you just ignore instead of ridiculing those who stay or those who try to help?!?

i'm sorry but the internet is huge, filled with lots of information, useful ones too. you can't take the initiative and do the research yourself?!

I never said I did it. I just said I was sick of reading repeat threads and stopped reading RC.

Calm down there, tiger!

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Stop cursing, please :)

finally a nice mod.... sorry about that i promise wont happen again.

now this is the way it should be done rather then infracting me.

if the other mod who infracted me doesnt like me... feel free to BAN me...
because the other mod u know who u are has deleted a few of my past threads with no answer when i pmed that big nose person back... which i found very rude..

not to long ago a member here wanted to go overseas and purchase corals and have the wholesaler ship them back... being as closed minded as she/he is they deleted my thread.

FYI... the person got all his corals into the us in a very legal manner thanks too.... well obviously not MR cause the thread was deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: