Status
Not open for further replies.

letter4tony

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
THE PROBLEM IS NOT ABOUT GIVING ADVICE ITS ABOUT MAKING STUPID REMARKS LIKE POST #51 ON THIS THREAD...

That's not stupid remarks... that's just trolling... Welcome to the internet. Take those comments as a grain of salt. :) They're really there to be ignored.

You're the featherduster guy? Awesome!

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
IBTL.gif

Oh, I forgot this isn't R-C... Doh.

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

Since you guys brought it up, I still havent seen a picture of the damm Feather Duster.... 2Slo has a point...

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I think the real issue may just be the fact that this is an online forum. With the internet we have to realize that there is definitely a loss in translation. Witty comments, sarcastic remarks, and funny sweeping generalizations can be taken offensively to many because of the lack of hearing a fluctuation in tone or lack of seeing a facial reaction. I guess... 2slo is just referring to remarks that don't add any value and just do harm.

ie. I'll use my own example, "fishtown customers are idiots!" I said something along those lines just to make a point that the customers should do their own research. Some members took it immediately as personal offense and proceeded to respond with "I shop there so I guess I am an idiot too?". That is the loss of translation. Granted, I took appropriate steps to explain myself and rectify the situation.

I also remember the thread about importing corals from another country clearly. Correct me if I am wrong, I believe the question came across as somebody travelling to an island and taking corals home as part of their baggage and not specifically buying it from a wholesaler, which is why one moderator and a few members immediately stated that the action was illegal, while citing a specific law, and then it became a locked thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: