Status
Not open for further replies.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Yeah, ironicly the reason I quit RC and join here for good was people posting the same questions (lolaptasia! HOWDOIBUILDASUMP? IS THIS GHA?!) on RC made me want to kill myself. There was no more useful information I could read/learn. I dont know how Randy-Holmes didnt quit RC sooner. How many 'WHY IS MY PH LOW?!?!' questions can you seriously answer?

I agree with whoever said lets see some examples of people being rude to your friends. You just need to search their usernames and you can see all of their posts. Please provide the proof so the ban-hammer can be smacked down! :fishhit:

HAAA THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN IM NOT GONNA EXPOSE NONE OF MY FRIENDS SO LIKE THAT YOU THE MEMBERS OF MR CAN LAUGH AND MAKE FUN OF THEM... LETS JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THIS THEY WONT BE COMING ON MR ANYMORE.

straightjiggy10

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.2%
235   2   0
When I first came to this site it was difficult for me to get help, not because people was unhelpful but because i was uneducated (IGNORANT) on how to go about getting the help I needed, soon after i learned how the site works and who the people that will help me, everything is fine. I ignore what i don't like and don't try to play god, because KARMA is a B**** so i don't have to be!

georgelc86

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
"can someone who didn't just sign up in Dec 2007 please explain how..."

That was my first experience of the dark side of MR. That member doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. Still doesnt till this day. But to that member, my knowledge was based on my sign up date rather than my actual experience. Think the person is a vendor also. This occurred actually within a month of my sign up date. Maybe a little later. So yeah, I agree with 2Slo, there are some rude remarks made to each other here, many many times unecessarily. I can also recall a thread where a mod made a post, non-violent in their mind and intent, and in my honest opinion made the thread worst than what it was.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
admins_pwnes_user.gif

so fitting! :joke:

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It isnt really helpful to come on the site and post a general statement like you did. If there are specific instances you can point to where people were being rude, then you can either flag the post or mention them as examples. I have to agree with Toseik - the vast majroity of members, especially the ones who are active and been around - are very nice, patient and helpful even when questions were asked that were easily found. I do understand the frustration of being told to Google something when you ask a question as sometimes you want people's personal experiences and not a random website, plus the search feature on this site is not that easy to use well. I have seen that very often a new member gets angry when they ask a question or for advice and dont like the answer they are given - even when it's 9 out of 10 experienced reefers giving the same answer. This site also tries to promote ethical reefkeeping so you can expect to get an eyeful when you post your 10 gallon tank with two mandarins and a school of tangs.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
More constructive to ask someone to interject than take matters into their own hands and do something reactive - most members take the time to correct sarcasms that aren't helpful and would rather not see the person fail.

On the other side of the coin, it has been said a thousand times - also, in deep research and social behavior that people ask before reading - this is not a MR problem, it's pandemic.

once again, reading is fundamental and there is a good way to deliver that message and a bad way. Some of which is "interpreted" and 2 dimensional. I hope your friends realize there is more good here than bad.

House

WELL I MADE THIS THREAD FOR THEM AND HOPEFULLY THEY ARE READING IT AND WILL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION.

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
seriouSly, if the complainEr leaves with his/her friend(s)... MR will not loSe sLeep

it continueS to grow with or withouT haters' support

some peepS even opened up competitiVe sites... MR STILL here and GROWING

:dead:

...gotta go pLant riCe now coz someone said aSians pLant rice. so here i g0...

:( someOne aLso said i waS ugLy

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
Wow

This is getting personal, maybe we should have another frag swap. That would make me happier. Stop the hating :irked: start the loving.:inlove:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I've helped plenty of people, more so with those who accept my advice.

The most frequent problem I have with newbies is that they are trying to find ways to skimp out on money with buying inferior products. I understand this hobby is expensive, but when expect results, and I tell you what to get or do, and then you do the complete 180 and do something else and then question why it doesn't work, I might end that with a sarcastic response.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0

The most frequent problem I have with newbies is that they are trying to find ways to skimp out on money with buying inferior products. I understand this hobby is expensive, but when expect results, and I tell you what to get or do, and then you do the complete 180 and do something else and then question why it doesn't work, I might end that with a sarcastic response.

Ming that just happened with us..we spent time and gave so much advice to a noob and he didnt do anything we advised him to do....after that there is no way we can not be sarcastic and make fun of/with that member LOL....

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
this is the kind of BULLSHIT IM TALKING ABOUT....

HOW ABOUT IF UR FRIEND THE VENDOR WHO ACCUSED ME OF STEALING A FEATHER DUSTER LEAVES THE REST OF THE VENDORS WILL STILL BE HERE....

COME ON DUDE GROW THE f UP.

seriouSly, if the complainEr leaves with his/her friend(s)... MR will not loSe sLeep

it continueS to grow with or withouT haters' support

some peepS even opened up competitiVe sites... MR STILL here and GROWING

:dead:

...gotta go pLant riCe now coz someone said aSians pLant rice. so here i g0...

:( someOne aLso said i waS ugLy

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

THE PROBLEM IS NOT ABOUT GIVING ADVICE ITS ABOUT MAKING STUPID REMARKS LIKE POST #51 ON THIS THREAD...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: