Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am thinking of about two weks for the first collection trip. I was in the water yesterday and it's cold. You have to jump in the water up to yout neck to wade to shore which is about 75 yards or so but unless you are a Sissy, you should make it :shhh:
I will check the tide tables and see if the tide will be right. :eek:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The only times where the tide is correct for collecting in June in the morning is on either Friday the 26th, low tide is 9:39 am

or Monday the 29th at 12:34 just after noon.

Who can come on which day. I think we will only go one day this month. The times are not great for low tides.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wingo, my boat makes a lot of noise on Kissena Blvd. so hopefully Bob can pick you up.
Euro, we leave from Port Washington, Manhasset Bay Marina. You would have to take the Whitestone or Throggs Neck Bridge to Cross Island Pkwy. to Northern to Searington Road which goes into Port Washington.
This all depends on weather of course.
I was out last night and the water was like linoleum and there was a great sunset.
Wh have roon for 6, including me.
Would you rather go on that firday or the monday?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Well if you live in Wisconsen or Nebraska, then I live out east. But I am in new Hyde Park so if you live in the Hamptons, I am out west.
But the boat is in Port Washington, so if you are in New Rochelle, It is down south and if you live in Wantaugh It is up north. :tongue1:

port washington exit 36 off the l.i.e., by the north hempstead dock? i used to hang out in new hyde park and spent my summers at the christopher morley pool way back in the mid 80's. sounds like fun. wish i could go but gotta drop the kids off at school by 8 am. can't get there from jersey by 9 am. bummer..... perhaps next time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: