Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The boat should be in the water next weekend. If all goes well and I don't have to tear the engine apart for anything stupid, does anyone want to come collecting this year?
Not next week, I diden't plan anything yet but I go to the collection place every week so I can check it out.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have a couple of underwater camera's but they use film. The water will only be 8" deep so we will not need too many underwater camera's, unless you don't want to ruin the thing when you jump off the boat to get to shore.
It will probably be in 2 weeks but I have to clean and prep the boat and check the tide tables.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
We collect mostly amphipods, shrimp, snails and seaweeds, no fish. There are no tropical fish in the western Sound to speak of.

There is an article with pictures of our collecting trip from last year if anyone knows how to link it.

You don't need dive gear. I have it also but the water is shallow.

Maybe some day we will organize a dive trip but thats for another time.
I have been diving the Sound since the seventees and know all the good spots

Last edited:

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Out of all curiousity... I saw some orange and yellow sponge and some grass or maybe glass shrimp on the docks by ink's boat... is any of that safe to put in our tanks? I am thinking maybe the sponge would be good/maybe safe for my angel?

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Maybe some day we will organize a dive trip but thats for another time.
I have been diving the Sound since the seventees and know all the good spots

1870 or 1970's? :biglaugh:

Just kidding. Would love to join you for a collecting or fishing trip if I can squeeze it in.

Sumbub

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I'm definitely interested. Keep us posted!
smile_regular.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: