Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am in the next harbor from the North Hempstead dock. Port Washington is in Manhasset Bay which is east of North Hempstead.

This may be the last trip on this boat. I am buying a newer much larger boat tomorrow. I hope I get a good price for these shrimp so I could put gas in it.
If anyone wants this boat very cheap, let me know. It's a grweat boat but I wanted a larger one. The bad economy actually works out better for me.

I think we only have two confirmed people coming collecting so we still have a couple of more days. If it rains friday I think we will go on Monday.

If anyone else wants to come or even just stay on the boat, PM me

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
are there sharks there? they bite hard. is the water deep? would i need diving equipment? will a snorkle do? what do you collect? is it legal? not trying to ask to many questions but just trying to help myself decide whether to go or not. it sound interesting and educational, and the fact you will be able to teach me something new.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No
No
No
No
Shrimp, amphipods, snails.
yes I can.

There are no tropical fish there, it is a lagoon in a harbor in the Sound.
We go at low tide so the water is only a few inches deep, we basically walk around in the mud and drag a sceen net through the three feed deep water.
You need to jump out of the boat in 5' deep water to walk to shore. I can't beach this boat. It is about a 15 minute boat ride. :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: