Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Great tanks guys.
Here's a pic of mine before I had a slight set back. Hope to get some curent photos up but my digi camera broke.

Vic

Copy_of_DSCF1964.JPG

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Impressive Vic! I hide pics of your tank from my girlfriend. If shes sees your tank she'll want me to keep softies with my SPS :D

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Why do I have to see such a tank, vic.. Duh.. I need to replicate this dream, beauty of yours. Tell us a little bit more about your tanks. How long it been up, equipment, weekly chores, habitat, invert, corals, etc.. hehehe And maybe how much is your electricity bill again?

MrAnderson

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone - I'm new around here but WHOA some of you have some really nice tanks and specimens. Actually, all of you do.

My nano currently is only about 6 months old and looks like a frag farm; healthy but immature- I'll post pics when things grow in a bit.

Hey solbby, it's JakStat. NICE TANK!

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
HEY JAKSTAT!!! WELCOME TO MANHATTANREEFS!!!!

Glad you can join us. Your more than welcome to come and visit my tank sometime in the future, I sure I can find a frag or two for you, ;) .

[ February 09, 2005, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: solbby ]

MrAnderson

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
um

you might regret that

I didn't mention i'm a fragaholic. I went over to stingnyc's to get one frag of birdsnest, and left with three (I couldn't pass up a purple rim/purple polyp monti... or the A. horrida).

But I am aware of my problem and am doing something about it... getting a bigger tank... don't tell my wife she'll kill me.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Hey we all have that problem! I don't think they have a cure for it yet.

I just live with my addiction, accept it and try to move on. But it always helps to find a support group,
, such as this place.

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Hi MrAnderson,

Welcome aboard!!! Its nice to see that your on MR now. We have a great bunch of guys and gals with lots of knowledge, so you'll fit right in...

I was reading the thread that you and Solby participated in in RC and I gotta tell you need a PHD to understand what was going on... hehe

Steve

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Thanks for the compliments on the tank.

Jackson LOL

Welcome aboard MrAnderson

solbby the tank is two years old.

ctxmonitor it's a starfire 180 RR lite by 4 175watt 10k mh and two 160watt vho atinics. Small skimmer but works very well it's a das bx-1. For my return pump I have a GRI 520 wich pushes 1600 gph at four feet and have a mak 4 on a closed loop through my 1/2 hp chiller. the tank was an uphrade from two tanks I had a 90 & 60.
I really love the hobby I beleive thats one of the main ingredients for having a nice tank. I am sure you'll have one just as good if not better one day if you have the passion for it.
BTW I am still in denial about the elictric bill
don't remind me. lol
Vic

[ February 09, 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Vic8361 ]

MrAnderson

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

and a nice purple rim it is! It's growing nicely...

Steve: Even the A.horrida is looking good! The birdsnest bleached a bit when I changed bulbs two weeks ago, but no tissue/polyp loss so I think it'll be OK.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm getting blue question marks instead of photos?
cool, there they are, it took a few trys.

[ March 24, 2005, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: jhale ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by jhale:
I'm getting blue question marks instead of photos?
cool, there they are, it took a few trys.
The problem with this old thread, is alot of pictures were deleted.

I personally deleted all the old pictures of my tank in the photogallery so the links are no longer there, I will try and add some new pictures ASAP.

[ March 24, 2005, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: solbby ]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: