jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this is my tank before the frag swap, it's full of frags now.
it will soon have a make-over. new frags and some new aquascaping.

an SPS frag from the grab bag

scroll coral I got from jose, who got it from josh, our coral will have pedigree's on this site

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
wow they are great shots guys all of your deserve tank of the month =D, damn samsky i need to drop by your place and sting too! LOL, btw XM 10Ks do look very yellow on my tank =/ i was wondering if i should go USHIO

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
A couple of new shots from tonight,

View from my kitchen
tankside.jpg

tankside1.jpg

Topdown
Topdown.jpg

Blue tort, Blue A.yongei, blue/purple efflo, Green millipora closeup
tortandslimer.jpg

[ March 25, 2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: solbby ]

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Shaun do you have any rock in your tank :D
I can't wait to see that in person.

Jennifer your tank looks cool, do you have any fish in there?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by jackson6745:
Shaun all your colors look great! I really love that red milli! Whatever you're doing, keep it up.
Rich, the red milli is almost big enough to give you a frag,
. Once you get your new tank up and running it should be ready. Did you ever find the yellow cap/red polyp frag?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by jenniebutterfly:
yeah i have a false perc and a lion in there together
been happy for 2 months now so i am leaving them together, i also have a coral banded shrimp in this tank.
Jen, your tank looks great!! Can you give us some closeups? How's the flavia doing after the "procedure"?

I hope nemo doesn't become lunch, ;) . That would have made for a "non-Disney ending to the movie"
. Does the lion totally ignore the clownfish?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
in the "house of fins" store I saw a dwarf lion eat a stone fish.
they had a whole bunch of lions in the same tank as a few stone fish. I guess they figured they would stick all the fish that could hurt them in one tank. I pointed out the tail sticking out of the lions mouth to one of the sales guy's. he didn't know what to say. poor stone fish. run nemo, run...

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Once the lion things it can eat the false perc that will be that. Alot of people keep damsel with lions for months to even years and then all of a sudden they notice the damsel isn't in the tank anymore.

With saltwater fish if one fish things it can fit the other in it's mouth and eat it, it will. I've seen grouper swallow trigger just like they where a piece of popcorn.

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
my dwarf lion is about 4 inches, the clown can not fit into it's mouth, it is pretty big, i have had it for over a year now. yes the lion totally ignores it, and i have it eating frozen mysis and krill. i will post some more closeups maybe tomorrow night, getting ready for bed soon, and tomorrow during the day won't be good for obvious reasons lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: