0   0   0
OK OK me too.

webtanksmall.gif

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
WOW!!

I am really happy that there are soooo many fantastic looking tanks in the NYC area.

It is great to have such an active community of reefers with such beautiful looking tanks and knowledge of coral/fish husbandry! :D

We can proudly give the West Coast some competition!

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Neo ta
whats that big purple branching/encrusting coral in the middle? is that purple digitata?

and whatever it is, do you have frags ;)
What bulbs u runnin'?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
jhale,

Here is a picture of the look down surge pool
surgepool

It is a 36"x36" tub lit by a 250W XM 10K in a Luminarc pendant. The tub is about 2 feet off the ground so you look down at the coral in there. You can see the 10 gallon surge tank in the back, it releases about every 1 min.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow. cali-reef, do you use that to grow frags out? it looks like there is a ton of flow. can you see the coral at all through all the surface movement? what's in the tub?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Neo_Ta, you've got a great looking tank.
what are you feeding those encrusting corals?
they look like there going to take over the tank

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the compliments guys. To me its only OK. I want better.

DRZL Yup its just a plain old purple Montipora digi. It does grow fast though. It has pretty much taken over that rock.
The bulbs are 10K XM's, and just two 40W actinics flourecents.

And of course frags are avail.

The problem is that I'm moving in 10 days and this will all have to be broken down. I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

The only magic is LOVE

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Originally posted by jhale:
wow. cali-reef, do you use that to grow frags out? it looks like there is a ton of flow. can you see the coral at all through all the surface movement? what's in the tub?
I use it to grow frags or coral that I have no room in the main tank for, right now is mostly zoas, digitadas and a large rose BTA. I shut off the skimmer, tunze stream and the surge tank when I am working in there.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
twinreef, those are really nice, clear and great looking close-up. Your zoos in the center look like its taking over your tank..LOL... The bright green cap looks awesome..

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
new clam

this is the clam I picked up from aquarium solutions yesterday.
I placed it on the bottom, in the middle on the tank. it seems happy on the marina board. it has not moved yet.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks, I can put a rock under it, they had him on sand in the store so I thought it might like the marina board. it might think it's a flat rock?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Jonthan

You should try and get a clam shell, like the clams that they sell in the fish market, and let the clam attach it's foot to that. Then you can easily move it where ever you want to.

Nice clam, I made space in my tank for one just like that or a blue maxima.

Michael

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: