Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
its a 58 gallon tank with 2 250 ushio + 2 95 vho actinic. the only filter i have is aqua C ev-180. i also have calcium reactor and kalk reactor running for the tank. i do water change every week ( 5 gallon only). my water temperature is between 81-83.

T

tsadik

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Here is my tank the pic is app. 13 months old.I'll make some new tonight

50842IMG_1004.JPG

[ April 24, 2005, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: jackson6745 ]

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
we got a new digital camera, canon sd500, so I had to post an updated shot. you can see the individual corals now

they are still waiting to be placed in better positions. some day soon Shaun and I are going to reorganize the aquascaping. I need his help to advise me on how big things will get, and what should not be placed near each other, little things like that.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this shot shows what a great little camera the sd500 is. I did hardly any correcting in photoshop to this, just some sharpening.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Your tank is really coming along Jon!!!!! Keep up the good work.

PS always make more room for thinner branched SPS as they grow much faster than thicker branched ones.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks ctx, the frags are growing well.

Rich, I'm saving the room in the middle for some tall SPS,
this is the area I'm putting the 250's over.
I have one brown stag frag to place there, how many sps pieces would you put in that space?

[ April 27, 2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: jhale ]

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I think you can have about 6 different corals growing on that center rock while giving them all room to grow big.
Mount some frags horizontally and vertically to keep the growth going in different directions.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this is what the tank looks like tonight.
a big huge thanks to Shaun for helping me out.

this is two shots stitched together. It's hard to tell but there are a bunch of new sps frags all over.
I have glued everything down so no more frags will get knocked over by snails. I pushed back the rockwork on both sides. There's a bunch of misc. stuff in the front i need to find homes for, snail shells to remove, and xenia to trim. the xenia is growing fast.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks Jim,
the next time you see it in person everything should be well grown out. I put your purple rim cap on the bottom near the middle of the tank. It's on a large rock so if needed I can move it. the cap's growing really fast
it looks great.

I have a hard time getting a good shot of the full tank. the dig camera I'm using is a great point and shoot, but it's compressing
the tank too much. it looks really different in person. I may have to bust out the film camera's.

I'd be happy to come over and help you :D .
If you can pin Shaun down, good luck ;)

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Nice,

Well, I have these huge rocks that need transporting and placement and then I have to get some sand from my bed and cover all the southdown I spread and then I need to change my filter bags like every day for a week after it all settles -

I have to say the hardest part is the transition - it is killing me. I just don't want to lose any animals since I am so attached to all of them. Right down to the smallest powder blue stag that I an nursing along - sigh,

I also need to replace my 29 fuge again - it is a liability since I cracked a second one with my bare (read bear here) hands!!! UGH - one day it will all be done

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you have the ideal situation to move a tank though.
you don't have to worry about your coral, rocks, and fish sitting in big tubs.
you broke the 29 gallon tank? twice? I think you need supervision :D

let me know when you want to aquascape.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have that 45 gallon tall if you want.
let me know and I'll save it for you, you can throw me some more frags if you want. you can't break this tank, the glass is thick.

J

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Yeah and won't be able to drill it either :)

Thanks anyway, but I think I need acrylic for this one. 3 times you're out :)

I have a 30 acrylic under my current tank and may use that. I haven't decided if I want to sell it with the 92 corner or not. If not, then it will work fine since it's bafled etc already.

If so, then I'll have to find something soon - flood waitin to happen.

So when ya coming up!

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
well...perhaps soon? how's that for an answer?

I have to see what's going on this week, does sat. work for you?

maybe I can get Jose to come, unless he's working, or playing paintball. I know he likes playing with tanks.

where are these big rocks you mentioned?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Wow, great pics guys. Spyke, Nice looking tank. I thought it was much smaller than a 125!

Jonathan, is that the new digital elph? I have the 400 and I'm impressed what it can do for a point and shoot. I just wish it had A priority so I could set depth of field.

Jim, I'll help with the tanks, just let me know when. And FWIW, my rotozip would rip through that thick glass like buttah. Let me know if you want to use it.

B

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
BC, yes it's the canon 500.
I'm thinking of taking the 35dig plunge and getting the 20D,
or a pentex body, i could get an adaptor to use with all my med format lenses.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: