gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I found this site a few days ago and I am loving it. Not sure how I found it. I know it started with a 7&7 and some late night web serfing on RC (ew, I just got a bad taste in my mouth just saying that). I am not from the east cost. I am in the heart of Missouri (translation, BFE) so I hope you ladies and men don't mind a Mid-Westerner haunting your hallowed halls of knowledge and merriment. I currently have a 75 g display with a 150 stock tank in the basement and two frag tanks. The wife and I plan on building in two years and the tank will magically expand to a 72"x30"x30" glass tank. (Honestly honey, I don't know where that tank came from, but as long as it is here, we might as well put water in it so that the seals don't dry out.) Hmmm, anything else you need/want to know, just ask. To all mods and admin, I will try to behave.

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to MR! Post some pics of your setups!

Well, that might be a problem. The pics I had of my system were lost when I got the "blue screen of death" on the computer. The bright side of that is the wife told me to go ahead and get that iMac that I have always wanted -so my 24" baby came couple of weeks ago. And, I just tore my display tank down. I took out the corals and placed them in my frag tanks, put the rock in rodi water for a good soak, then air dried them for a week or so, and I am going to wash my sand as long as I have the system tore down. I had some flat worms that I could not get rid of and the little blue star fish. So, I decided to nuke the display and start over. That what I am doing over my Christmas break! I just hope that it warms up into the 40's so that I don't freeze my nuggets off outside washing the sand. So, not sure I can find a full tank shot, but I will post some pics of the critters I had -I had them stored on saltbucket.com.

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:shhh: Sounds like, we got another TEACHER here! Welcome aboard!

lol, yep, I teach third grade. The wife teaches also. Only thing is she teaches HS chemistry. So if I suddenly fall sick and die, have the authorities run a lot of blood work tests. She has all the chemicals at work. I also sell real estate so that I can afford to teach, and drink, and have a reef tank.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
lol, yep, I teach third grade. The wife teaches also. Only thing is she teaches HS chemistry. So if I suddenly fall sick and die, have the authorities run a lot of blood work tests. She has all the chemicals at work. I also sell real estate so that I can afford to teach, and drink, and have a reef tank.

Welcome to MR! Nice photos, looks like your new tank will be sweet once you get it set up.

Why is it that people always find MR when surfing late at night with some sort of alcoholic drink next to them? Hmmmmm.....

There seem to be a bunch of teachers on MR now, and a few of them are running tanks for their students. Be sure to reach out if you are doing the same thing!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Welcome to MR. I'm guessing we are approaching the self proclaimed greatest alcoholic reef site ever! You should inquire just how many members are even dosing vodka to their fishies. :banghead:

Enjoy the site.
Russ

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to MR! Nice photos, looks like your new tank will be sweet once you get it set up. Thanks

Why is it that people always find MR when surfing late at night with some sort of alcoholic drink next to them? Hmmmmm.....Just a quinky dink?

There seem to be a bunch of teachers on MR now, and a few of them are running tanks for their students. Be sure to reach out if you are doing the same thing!
Yeah, I had a tank set up at school. But after the heat being shut off in my room over Christmas break killing $250 of corals and fish, going in over breaks to feed and check on things, worrying about it during storms -wondering if the power went off at school, and moving it during the sumer break I decided that I had enough stress in my life and tore the tank down when I moved schools. I had a 56 gallon cube. I really liked the size and shape of the tank, but didn't want the chore anymore. But, I am thinking about a 15 gallon or smaller nano that I can just pack up and take home over any break.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: